mites

armstrong82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
didn't give me too much information. i dont have replacement substrate so im baking what i have. how long should i bake it for? please give me any info or personal experiences to refer to

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i would bake it in the mic for 5 mins or longer if you like. then try to keep it dry when it is in the tank.

armstrong82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how long in the oven, ive got a lot to bake enough to put about 5 inches in a 15 gal terarrium

armstrong82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
can anyone give me more tips?? this is my first incident with mites and its a fairly new T. ive had her for about 3 1/2 weeks.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Once you get mites you will probably always have them, so first off relax. It is not the end of the world. There is alot of info. on the boards, start your search there. Then go to other T websites, and there is alot of them, they also will have info.. Basically they will all say you can control the problem, not cure it. Good luck!

scorpman

Arachnopeon
I was just on reptibid under the classified section and there was a post for mega mites. these are mites that eat mites goto www.megamites.com . maybe it can help good luck

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
best advice i can give you on baking is...Always remove the T before you bake the substrate and you cant make one big choc. chip cookie. It just wont cook right. {D

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hiya I have a comprehensive web page on mites and there removal on my website see link below

heres one I did earlier

Click image to see a super large version