P murinus has been munched

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I though I'd try him with the Phem again bafore it got sent off to Phils man eater. Well looks like mine to has fancyed herself a man eater too.

I mated them about 4 weeks back

here are some pics

The male

Does this fem look gravid ??

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like she tore him up pretty good. Whether she's gravid or not she looks like she got a good meal in. Honestly though, yeah, I'd say she looks gravid. But who am I to say? You have more experience with this than I do. I just hope my OBT is that big in the next few weeks. Good luck with it.

-David

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This might be a dumb question but what does Gravid mean? lol

And how big is she?

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mattyb said:
This might be a dumb question but what does Gravid mean? lol

And how big is she?

Gravid...full of eggs...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

MANSON

Arachnopeon
oooo, sorry to hear about that, ill be getting a P.murinus sling soon.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry to hear about your loss. did he get a chance to poke her :? if he did and she produces a fertile sac, then it will be worth it.

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cichlidsman said:
sorry to hear about your loss. did he get a chance to poke her :? if he did and she produces a fertile sac, then it will be worth it.

yes I he did get to give her a good poke a month ago and was successfull too

BBlack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about the Male. Least he got some lovin before he shuffled off this mortle coil.

One way or another you've lost quite a few T's recently haven't you. Hope you're replacing them quicker than you're losing.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Poor guy. I don't know why but his state is somewhat comical...in the pictures at least. Might be the way he's kind of facing the camera on the red lid.

Man, the female theraphosids definitely wear the pants in your collection G_. ;)

Best of luck on a sac. :)

Take care.
Atrax

sektone

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow what a massacre :eek: does this happen often when tryign to mate?

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Does canabliaztion happen more after a breeding attempt, or before. How often will the female kill the male before mating as opposed to after?

I know why they do it after for nutrition to help develop the eggsack, but will the female outright kill the male before breeding? Or is that rare?

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ShaunHolder said:
Does canabliaztion happen more after a breeding attempt, or before. How often will the female kill the male before mating as opposed to after?

I know why they do it after for nutrition to help develop the eggsack, but will the female outright kill the male before breeding? Or is that rare?

Probably more often in captivity than the wild as Guy told me in captivity the spider are breeding in confinde spaces so theres sometimes no where to run if you know what I mean

Shiver

Banned duplicate account
Old Timer
I have never had a female kill a male after because the males have always been so flighty. My attempts were with Brachylepma albopilosum and Cyriopagopus paganus. I also tried with a Grammastola rosea and she destroyed him and ate him before I even had a chance to interfere and before he even got a chance to start any loving.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
having a P murinus mate and NOT produce an eggsac is practically unheard of ;)
you should have no problem getting a sac.. all 3 times I've bred this species, the female made the sac shortly after consuming the male......

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
G_Wright said:
Probably more often in captivity than the wild as Guy told me in captivity the spider are breeding in confinde spaces so theres sometimes no where to run if you know what I mean
When breeding my Ts, I ALWAYS give them enough "room to zoom"! Or supervise the mating and split them up afterwards.

Jeri

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mike H. said:
Gravid...full of eggs...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:
Actually gravid is used to indicate fertilized eggs, usually for live birth. So technicly, T's wouldn't be said to be gravid since their eggs are fertilized on the way out. Most people on here use the term to include mated T's as well though.

Jeri