Suggestions on T's

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm gonna be going to a Reptile Show this weekend, and i plan on buying atleast 1 T. I was wondering if anyone could suggest and inexpensive species so i can purchase more than 1. i'll be going there with around $100.00 unless i save up some more.

I know i want a Cobalt, and a Sun Tiger...i don't really know how much these guys go for.....

thanks for any and all your suggestions! :)

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
depends on sizes and such, I have suntigers so Id go with them.

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Mattyb said:
I'm gonna be going to a Reptile Show this weekend, and i plan on buying atleast 1 T. I was wondering if anyone could suggest and inexpensive species so i can purchase more than 1. i'll be going there with around $100.00 unless i save up some more.

I know i want a Cobalt, and a Sun Tiger...i don't really know how much these guys go for.....

thanks for any and all your suggestions! :)
It really depends on what size of spiders you are willing to get and if they have WC animals at the show. If they have WC and you are ok that, you can get some good deals.

At the Daytona show in August, it's a CB show only, no WC specimens are allowed so there are mainly slings for sale. There are some adults, but CB adults/subadults can be expensive. At last year's expo I got A. versicolor, B. palladum, P. cancerides, A. anax, G. aureostriata, N. colloratovillosum, L. cristata, and A. geroldi spiderlings (one of each) for a grand total of $72. It did cost $10 to get in the Expo though. Still a good deal.

Now in comparison I went to a small reptile show in Jacksonville and they had WC for sale. I picked up an adult H. "longipedum", adult P. lugardi and adult G. rosea for $5 each.

As for what you can get there for $100, I think you can come away with a good number of spiders. I'm not sure what you currently have or your experience level, but great inexpensive species would be L. parahybana, P. murinus, B. albopilosum, A. avic, G. rosea and A. seemani. Just a little higher in price but great spiders would be A. versicolor, G. pulchra, B. smithi, G. aureostriata and P. regalis. I'm sure others will chime in with what they recommend, but there are just too many to list. I've seen CB slings of both H. lividum and P. irminia for about $15-$20 at the CB only shows and H. lividum subadults for about $30-$60 that were WC, never saw an adult/subadult P. irminia at a show.

My advice, walk around and check out all the available spiders before deciding. Once you have seen all the vendors, go back and buy the ones you liked the most. Have a great time.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have:

2 G.Rosea
2 A. Seemanni
1 A.Avic
1 P. Murinus
1 Tiger Rump
1 T. Blondi

I'm looking for a Cobalt Blue, and a Sun Tiger. They are at the top of my list. I was also thinking about getting a B.Smithi since i'm about the only person that doesn't have one.

I hope i can buy a bunch of T's for under $100 but then again for each one i buy i have to get a cage for them.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well the the thing about Shows is you can always talk the price down with the dealer who is selling them :) So hopefully you can get some good deals out of the show :D

pokiecollector

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you can get alot of good stuff for $100, try to buy a package deal or something where since your buying more than one you get them even cheaper.

jeff