Past Sex confirmation thread...... UPDATES!

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lol sounds like a "Maury" show. I've decided to make a confirmation thread for all of my threads that used ventral shots. You guys gave some good guesses now lets see if you were all right. Here is the first.......

A. seemanni sex me thread!

Using the ventral shot from that thread all of you thought male..... Were you right? lets see. :p

I think you were I don't see a flap. :p Unless my eyes are fooling me we have a male! lol I will update this again when another of my spiders molt and we can play this game again..... If anybody else did ventral shot sexing and now has a shot of the exuvia feel free to post here just like I did. :p

Last edited:

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not sure if it is a male or not I think I can see some flap but it's very blury can you get a clearer pic

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here is another picture I don't think it will help much, I added a drop of water to the determining area. The abdomen I'm scanning is only about a half inch in lenght or about the size of a human pinky and I have to scan it at 600 dpi and that is as high as my scanner will go. Do you maybe think the spider is to young to see if it is a boy or girl? I hold the exuvia up to the light and dont really see anything either, but then again maybe its to small.

Last edited:

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Scorpiove said:
Here is another picture I don't think it will help much, I added a drop of water to the determining area. The abdomen I'm scanning is only about a half inch in lenght or about the size of a human pinky and I have to scan it at 600 dpi and that is as high as my scanner will go. Do you maybe think the spider is to young to see if it is a boy or girl? I hold the exuvia up to the light and dont really see anything either, but then again maybe its to small.

Could you get the loan of a digi camp scanning exvuviums doesn't come out to clear it's still very blury

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'll see what I can do my uncle has a digital cam but it might be awhile. But thanks everyone for replying. :)

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ok now that my curly hair has molted lets see again lol. Here is the past thread.

Curly Hair, Boy or girl?

Most people thought it was female, and here is a scan of the exuvia albiet torn and maybe a little messed up.

So what do you guys think? Still female? Maybe wait for antoher molt to get a better exuvia? I'm thinking female but still not sure. :\