Woot!

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys, just got back into T's, Ive only had a cobalt blue..but I went into the petshop today and I got a T. blondi subadult female for 10 bucks!! (thanks to my friend :)) I was wondering, I know I can feed her mice once and awhile, but what should make up the bulk of her diet? 500million crickets?

firefox2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congratulations! Sorry I don't know the answer, I don't have a T. blondi.....YET LOL
Question though, do they need to have mice, or can they live off of crix?

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmm I dont know if they could get all of the substinance they need from just crickets...seems like they would have to be constantly eating them to stay alive.

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I like feeding my large inverts madagascar and Discoid roaches, I also feed crickets but I really hate them. Small lizards also will work

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Roaches, Small Lizards, Superworms, and pinkies work well for T.Blondi. Just make sure the blondi is big enough to take feeder mice.

Thats very awesome deal on a T.Blondi btw. Can we see pics?

Also, you might want to Private Message WayneT or Spider-Man 2. They've been keeping T.Blondi on mouse diets with much success.

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OMG! a female T blondi for only $10?!?! WOW! How did you get such a good deal?

As far as feeding, you might consider the larger roaches as mentioned above in addition to thawed pinkies. You can feed it live pinkies and maybe larger mice later as it grows but I would prefer the prekilled mice. There are some advantages to using prekilled mice as a main diet. :)

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OMG! a female T blondi for only $10?!?! WOW! How did you get such a good deal?

As far as feeding, you might consider the larger roaches as mentioned above in addition to thawed pinkies. You can feed it live pinkies and maybe larger mice later as it grows but I would prefer the prekilled mice. There are some advantages to using prekilled mice as a main diet. :)

BBlack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great deal. I hate you! ;P

Locusts are also an option. I'm with Dianne, pre killed pinkies etc rather than risking hurting your T with live mice with teeth.

+ it's illegal to feed live vertebrates over here in the UK.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
BBlack said:
Great deal. I hate you! ;P

Locusts are also an option. I'm with Dianne, pre killed pinkies etc rather than risking hurting your T with live mice with teeth.

+ it's illegal to feed live vertebrates over here in the UK.
Why is it illegal to feed live vertabrates over there? I have never heard of a law like that before.

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well its kinda funny how I got that price...This guy who owns the petstore I go to called me up and asked me how much I wanted a subadult blondi for, and I said 10 bucks kidding around. LOL he said ok come get it. Went up there and he was like "yeah this guy keeps coming up here and hes a real prick wants me to save this for him so I decided to get rid of it" :)

I dont have my digi camera, my roomate took it on vacation..but shes coming back tomorrow so Ill post some pics. Shes about 7-8 inches tho.

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Brian S said:
Why is it illegal to feed live vertabrates over there? I have never heard of a law like that before.
I don't understand as well but it is illegal to do that in UK, although this law doesn't seem to be easily enforced ;P

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Gir, Congradulations on the purchase!!! You definitely got a great deal on that spider!!!! You will definetly enjoy it. Is that the only spider you have?

Andreas

Arachnopeon
Here in Germany, it is not allowed to kill a Vertebrate by a Person, which is not trained for...
But you can't also go to the Vet for every Mouse, you want to give to your blondi... In this Case, it is ok to give a living Mouse, because the blondi is killing it ( or Snake etc...)... Funny Laws, hm ?
But here in Germany there are some Laws very funny...

Greets, Andreas

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a H. lividum female too, have had her for about 2yrs...gonna go see what else I can get today tho, was thinking of a G. pulchra.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Those are nice choices. I would like to have a G pulchra myself. Around here about all you can get from petstores is A avic or G rosea. I have ordered all slings except the A avic which is a petstore spider.

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im lucky there is a store called stingers not far from my house that has just about everything. Alot of rare exotic animals, they had baby green anacondas there last week.They have 2 pulchra juvs there for 40 bucks a pop.

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well heres a pic of the Blondi I got for 10 bucks, Kinda worried that her abdomen is so small, could that just be because shes a subadult?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah the abdomen is small but that is nothing some crix won't take care of. Nice looking specimen (especially for the price) ;)