THE BIGGEST Avicularia I've ever seen!!! (PICS)

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Found this "Avicularia purpurea" mature male framed. The seller had multiple specimens and all were pretty much the same size. In the picture they're a good 9" legspan, but I would guess they would be 8" or so if they were in their "relaxed" position. Either way this is the biggest Avicularia (or at least it is claimed to be) I have ever seen in person. I have some high resolution pictures if anyone wants them for identification purposes.

Later,

Jake

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, I sure hope he got a chance to spread those genes of his.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Best guess would be a male Pamphobeteus very nice tho but no avic thats for sure.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
had check online as there are many ppl who sell such "wallhangers" its seems P.antinous seem to be a common victim see here P.antinous

tarantula666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
looks like the frame is covered over with some kind of plastic ( or is that just the packaging material??? )
ive seen one here in the netherlands framed in glass ( sort of like a very small and flat fishtank.
wich gave me the idea to frame my G. rosea :eek:

the old skin ofcourse not the actual spider :D
wich is in a frame of wood with a front made of glass.

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
FryLock said:
had check online as there are many ppl who sell such "wallhangers" its seems P.antinous seem to be a common victim see here P.antinous
I would have to agree with you there - looks more like a Pamphobeteous . The femur colors don't match up with A. purpurea at all and the body appears completely different.

Later,

Jake

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Avicularia monster...

No way is that an avicularia. Male pamphobeteus!

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
certiantly no avic pupreurea dont gow that big plus it looks nothing like one

looks like a pamphobeteus species you should emailt hem and tell them of there crappy mistake

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You guys ever notice how expensive those framed Ts/Insects cost? I saw a hercules beatle framed for 500 bucks! If you had alot of T's dyin off you could make a pretty penny.

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
Ah well, I was hoping to see pictures of adult Avicularia "cariba", since I was fortunate enough to acquire 2 slings of such species... in a few years time I will find out if they are really that big.

Meanwhile, I think I saw the same framed specimens being sold by some local street hawkers!