no burrow a go-go

jayco_heat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
O.k. well I moved my semmanni, into a new inclosure about a month ago. He is on about 8-9 inches of peat-moss, mixed with rock. I just returned this morning from a 5 day trip out of town and he STILL has'nt burrowed. Heck, he does'nt even stay in his half log for shelter, He just sits off to the side of it. Should I be worried?

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Maybe he's not a 70s type of T! {D

Nah, if she needs to burrow or wants to burrow, she'll burrow. She's just doing what ALL Ts do... NOT WHAT YOU EXPECT! :D

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You could start a burrow for her and she will probably adopt it. It could be the rocks maybe? generally rocks are a bad idea.

MANSON

Arachnopeon
why would you want it to burrow, youll never see it again, lol {D

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my seemanni has a burrow i made for him, i buried a half of a plastic pot. he took it over and seems quite happy. He has not redecorated like most seemanni's do..he finally started comming out of his burrow recently, though if the wind blows wrong he scurries back in like he's on fire. it's actually funny to watch.

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
I moved my A. seemanni into a 10 gallon tank recently. It burrowed and then covered the entrance so well I thought it had escaped. It was really clever, too, as it worked on burrow at night, and covered the entrance but stayed out in the open during the day until the deep burrow was done, then just disappeared. (The Shawshank Spidey.) Now I have a display tank full of dirt, an empty hide, and a water bowl. Lovely. (Goes really well with the tank full of dirt with C. brachycephalus hidden somewhere deep within.)

Actually, I expect A. seemanni will re-emerge after a molt, and allow me to see it when it is hungry.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i actually wrap the "half pot" i use. i wrap it with that stuff you put in the kitchen cabinets. "grip-rite" it's kind of a plasticy thing and the spider cany burrow through it. just make sure it's attached to the half pot somehow. it keeps my semanni from burrowiung to china quite suscessfully...

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mine doesn't burrow either, she just sits under her plant all day chilling out

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she will borrow sometime or another. do her tank have good ventalition? cos if she don't, i heard that she may feel like she is already in one big borrow or something(just what i heard).