Arboreal enclosure question

pediepablo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, my Pinktoe was getting too big for the enclosure I bought it in. I moved it into one of my medium sized kritter keepers and turned it on its side. This is the only arboreal T I've ever had. I was wondering if they ever make their web over the window latch thing. I could see where that wouldn't be too good. Is there something I should do to prevent this?

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A. avics dont make much web, and if they do they will only usually attatch it at one point high up. If it makes a web on the latch just scrape it off, it will make another hopefully somewhere else.

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
A. avics make large web tubes to live in. If yours tries to web on the front of the Kritter Keeper, destroy the web until it gives up and finds a better place at the rear of the container. It will help if you provide some silk plants or a piece of cork bark for the spider to use as an anchor.

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
spidergoddess said:
A. avics make large web tubes to live in. If yours tries to web on the front of the Kritter Keeper, destroy the web until it gives up and finds a better place at the rear of the container. It will help if you provide some silk plants or a piece of cork bark for the spider to use as an anchor.
I 2nd that. Position the cork bark diagonally so the top end is at the back. Alternatively, the minimalist method would be placing the kritter keeper normally with the lid on the top and use a thin layer of substrate. That way your avic will in time spin a large hammock with holes at the corners for hunting/dumping/pooing etc. I find this somewhat helpful as my collection increased - easier to stack.

pediepablo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks guys. I put some sticks and fake leaves near the back wall of the cage. I'll see how it turns out.

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
set ups

All three of my Avic enclosures are heavily planted(fake) cept one has a log with air plants on it. I like to make my enclosures as "natural" as possible.

Later

Hairy