New Pictures

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Well, after some serious manipulation by me, I was able to convince my Eupalaestrus campestratus to come out of it's massive hidey hole (i needed to change some of the substrate and clean up leftover food pieces) and took the opportunity to take some new pictures.

I'd also like some opinions on which picture is the best.

and finally

Thanks everyone

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah nice pics, joe seems to like them enough to post twice LOL...
oddly that T looks a heck of alot like my seemanni...

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pheonixx said:
if the spinnerits and underside is tan then it may be s.seemanni.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
I can see where that idea may come from the tib of leg four is not yet thickened much but as can be seen on the pic’s where the spider spreads out its back leg is still thicker and a little longer then the others the longer hairs on the legs are a clue too, very nice spiders when they have that cool tib on leg IV :)

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pheonixx said:

You know, after my E. campestratus female moulted last week, she REALLY looks like an A. seemani! She has basically become a black T with light, high-contrast striping on her legs. She does still have a black underside and black spinnerettes, though, and her setae are much longer and more pinkish than I normally have seen with A.seemani. She looks quite different, and behaves VERY differently, than before her moult. She still is a tad wobbly when moving, but not as much as a few days ago, when she really had me worried. She also didn't empty her water dish today for the first time since her moult. It amazes me how much a new outfit can change these critters' attitudes, even more than in HUMAN female, LOL!

pitbulllady

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
hmmm, it's spinnerets are dark with stripes on them, they don't look tan, i'm not sure about the colour of it's underside, as she (or he..) doesn't let me get much of a look under there..