Smithi's new exo

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm putting this here for a warm up so that I might hopefully get a shot of my B. smithi's new coat sometime in the next few hours. Every time she comes out of her burrow and I ready the camera she does the leavemethefuggalone shuffle back into her den. It's been four days now since her molt and I'm hoping she goes back to her inquisitive nature, she was never shy before.

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Terrible photo, I know but I'm still a bit unclear on how to upload photo's here.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hehe I had no problem clicking the link and seeing the pic.. then I scrolled and saw it again.. :} anyway very pretty T, my first one is a smithi as well:)

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Never fear, I know how to be gentle with the kids. Neonate chondros are much the same but a bit more nippy.

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
starzzzcollide said:
nice pic, nice spider! When did she moult?
Hey thanks Starz,
She shuffled off the old skin Thursday around dusk.

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Raindog said:
Hey thanks Starz,
She shuffled off the old skin Thursday around dusk.
No prob. It's pix of smithi's like yours that make me think my next T might be one of these guys... :)

And aren't T's pretty well hardened after 3 days? I always figured that once they had darkened to what they looked like before they were good as new...especially once they're eating again... :? :? :?

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
starzzzcollide said:
No prob. It's pix of smithi's like yours that make me think my next T might be one of these guys... :)

And aren't T's pretty well hardened after 3 days? I always figured that once they had darkened to what they looked like before they were good as new...especially once they're eating again... :? :? :?
A Tarantula can still be sensitive after 3 days from a molt.

8leggedrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
aww!! a positively stunning young lady! :D i keep thinking about getting one of these, but it'll have to wait since i just bought 4 Lasiodora parahybana spiderling 1 inchers and need to focus on watching after them for awhile. my next tarantula is going to be an actually colorful one though, i keep saying... :p

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Raindog,

My B. Smithi molted Thursday evening as well. {D She's going on 4" now and is just a beauty!

Great pic of your T. B. Smithi's are AWESOME!

Here's mine.

---
Wendy
---

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow beautyous spider ....i want a B. bohemi but the more smithis i see.....i dunno...maybe the gf will buy the bohemi and i can get the smithi...then i have both!!! woooo hoooo

Nice T though...

SCtarantulas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Socrates said:
Hi Raindog,

My B. Smithi molted Thursday evening as well. {D She's going on 4" now and is just a beauty!

Here's mine.

---
Wendy
---
WOW :eek: wendy amazing looking T congrats!!!!!!

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SCtarantulas said:
WOW :eek: wendy amazing looking T congrats!!!!!!
Thanks Steve, I can't stop staring at her either. She's molted twice in my care, but has never put on quite THAT much size at once. When I refreshed her water just a while ago, she apparently felt frisky enough to got into the flicking motion, so I guess I can safely try feeding her again. If I see she's not interested yet, I can always remove they prey.

---
Wendy
---

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Socrates said:
Hi Raindog,

Here's mine.

---
Wendy
---
That makes 3, my B.smithi molted thurs as well!