A question about laws, tarantula breeding & shipping...

8leggedrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello :p

I'm new to this board, and fairly new to the hobby. Interest has been there for about 15 years and I've had two, but just recently started really buying and planning for more.

I just wondered if anybody knows of a way to find out about the laws reguarding t's and your local area? Maybe I'm just overlooking something obvious, but I've been doing searches online for about two hours now and have found nothing about Louisville. :? Very annoying.

I am ordering 4 Lasiodora parahybana slings and they are shipping from n carolina to Louisville, Kentucky... anyone know if there could be a legal issue with this? I'm going to buy 3 more from another location and in a few years I hope a few have survived to be bred -- do I have to get a permit to do this? I just worry about this kind of stuff. :D Thanks for listening.

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
An easy way would be to check local chain pet stores in your area. Chances are that if they sell them it's legal. If that's inconclusive or you want to cut to the chase you could contact the local SPCA (your phone book should have a listing). If they don't know the laws they should be able to direct you to someone who does...which might be the local fish and game and wildlife board or whatever facsimile you have...

I hope this was more helpful than it was confusing! :?

8leggedrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
starzzzcollide said:
An easy way would be to check local chain pet stores in your area. Chances are that if they sell them it's legal. If that's inconclusive or you want to cut to the chase you could contact the local SPCA (your phone book should have a listing). If they don't know the laws they should be able to direct you to someone who does...which might be the local fish and game and wildlife board or whatever facsimile you have...

I hope this was more helpful than it was confusing! :?
Thank you, I'll check that out. :) My friend's mom works with KY fish & wildlife rescuing injured wildlife, but for some reason I just didn't connect the two... :eek:

A local Feeder Supply had a Goliath birdeater for sale about 6 months ago, so I am guessing this is good news for me and my Ts. :) But I'd still like to talk to someone, so I'll do that in the next couple days and post an FYI follow up. Thanks again! :D