molting question

Jason la Jason

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi, my A.henzi is molting, this noon at 11:30am it flipped on it's back on to the web she made and it's been 6 hours now and it's still hasn't moved at all, i was wondering do they take this long? or she died in the process?

Shiver

Banned duplicate account
Old Timer
Is there any movement or progress? Some spiders, especially large new worlders like A hentzi take some time. If she isnt curled up she probably isnt dead. Give her more time.

Bloodletting

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nope you are fine. Keep her in a quiet place that will not be disturbed. You will see very slow movement, usually the legs just moving slightly. It can take a very long time and the bam, she will be out. When mine are getting close to molt, I mist the tank quite often, I will also try to keep the room a little more humid. I have the luxury of a small bathroom off of my classroom and I can put a tank it there and let the hot water steam it up a bit.

Scott

Jason la Jason

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well it's finally done, the old skin is off and she is just sitting there resting now and hopefully within a week it'll be rdy to feed cause i bet it's hungryyyyy

Jason la Jason

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
btw here's a pic of the exoskeleton, im not sure if it's female or male but i hope it's female, and this is the best pic my camera can produce so plz help out with a comfirmation all u Xperts out there :D thx

Attachments