h. lividum is dead??

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i dont know what happend. i though she was doing good. she was hidding in her hole for 4 weeks and today she came out and died. did anyone ever experence something like this? now im back to 3 spiders again.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that...that really sucks..was she wild caught ?? what was the tank conditions ?? heat temps ?? how old and how big ??

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mike H. said:
Sorry to hear that...that really sucks..was she wild caught ?? what was the tank conditions ?? heat temps ?? how old and how big ??

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:
i dont know if she was wild caught, i bought her form a pet store that did'nd know anything about it. he tank conditions were: 100% dry peat( i never never misted) with a water dish, the humidity reads 60/70, the temps are 23-28*C, and she had a hut that she borrowed in and webed over the door(for the past month). i dont know old she was, and she was 5".

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Do you suscpect that she was aproaching a molt? Perhaps she died while trying to ready her body for one...

Anything wierd to report other than her dying? Also, if youre interested there is a research team trying to get information on tarantulas by using expired Tarantulas. You should ship them your's if you're intrested in helping them out. Unfortunatley I cant find the link, could someone else post it? I'd like to bookmark it myself incase one of my T's passes on.

Sorry to hear about your loss, it sounds like you did all you could to keep her alive. Sometimes it's unavoidable. :(

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How deep was the substrate ?? did she dig down deep or just stay in the hut ?? not trying to be a smart ass but are you sure she was female and not perhaps a mature male ?? just a thought...

Mike

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mike H. said:
How deep was the substrate ?? did she dig down deep or just stay in the hut ?? not trying to be a smart ass but are you sure she was female and not perhaps a mature male ?? just a thought...

Mike
i could never see any spurs,or palpal bulbs from looking at her, but i could'en pick her up so i don't know for sure. tomorrow i will give it a closer look. hopefully it died cos it was a mature male cos i hate not knowing what i did wrong.

p.s- the substrate was 6-8". and she did'en dig a deep borrow like i heard off, instead she just dug up enough peat to block off the door to the hut.

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
no can't really see much of anything the picture is too blurry and to far away

Matt

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi!

Afaik H. lividum like it pretty moist. So maybe she was kept too dry. Somewhere there is a description of a special container developed by Martin Huber and V.v. Wirth for lividums.

Matthias

8leggedrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so sorry to hear about your pet. :( how can you tell the difference between male and female by looking at it's palps?

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
same thing happend to my a.seemanni FEMALE last week she was doing fine then just one day comes out of her burrow and dies.sucked im sorry for your loss.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
bodc21 said:
same thing happend to my a.seemanni FEMALE last week she was doing fine then just one day comes out of her burrow and dies.sucked im sorry for your loss.
if the same thing happened to you then maybe there was one thing we did the same that was wrong. we should compare.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
8leggedrobot said:
so sorry to hear about your pet. :( how can you tell the difference between male and female by looking at it's palps?
i was hoping if anyone could see palpal bulb. i know it was a long shot.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Matt said:
Hi!

Afaik H. lividum like it pretty moist. So maybe she was kept too dry. Somewhere there is a description of a special container developed by Martin Huber and V.v. Wirth for lividums.

Matthias
i use to keep it moist, but a lot of people told me that there was no need off it. and they keep there h.lividums dry. but i never tryed the rock on the bottom of the tank. the next time i will try this method of humidity.

Zoo Keeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am sorry for your loss, she may have just died from old age. If you could find a spiderling, it may be better. I have had my H. lividum for about eight years, and keep the cage damp, with a water bowl. The best way to get over a loss,is to get a replacement or two, thats what I do. Again sorry for your loss.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
H. lividum

I am sorry for your loss. I have had several T's expire on me for no apparent reason, wild caught and captive bred. Sometimes they just die.
:8o

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Zoo Keeper said:
I am sorry for your loss, she may have just died from old age. If you could find a spiderling, it may be better. I have had my H. lividum for about eight years, and keep the cage damp, with a water bowl. The best way to get over a loss,is to get a replacement or two, thats what I do. Again sorry for your loss.
i think that a replacement will be the best thing to do aswill. first i got to try and figure out if i did something wrong.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Overmenneske said:
I'm sorry to hear cichlids.
Information about R.I.E.S.M here.
thanks for the infor on R.I.E.S.M. i think that i will send the spider to them when i get a chance. do you think they can find out what happend to it? and will they tell me if they do.