wondering for 2nd T

Jason la Jason

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i know im new but i can't help but looking for a second T already! i was wondering if there's any that's aggressive, non borrowing T that can be found in pet stores in the US, i live in Texas and i would really like some opitions, thx!!

Shiver

Banned duplicate account
Old Timer
The only one is an Usumbara that might be in a petstore.

Jason la Jason

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
but that's a borrower tho =[ i really don't want a pet hole and like to see them more

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you are worried about seing the specimen, there is ways to set up your tank so the burrow makes the T Visible. As far as agressive T's that arent burrowers and would easily find in a pet store...

Why cant you order? {D

Jason la Jason

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i donno.....just a bit scared on "doa" dead on arrival, even if they'll replace it that would still suck and a good T will die, any names that u can give me that i might be able to find in the pet store?

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A. Genic

How about an Acanthoscurria Geniculata? They are stunning, get quite large, make GREAT display Ts, and are usually not very cuddly at all. :D They also have great appetites and grow rapidly.

---
Wendy
---

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jason la Jason said:
but that's a borrower tho =[ i really don't want a pet hole and like to see them more

Usembara baboons (P murinus) don't have to burrow you can keep them as aboreals which is what I do they spin huge webs to live in up off the ground. I have never seen P murinus dig a burrow it'self but will tahe to one if allready there. In most cases with murinus if left to it's self they prefer to spin big webs up off the ground.

SCtarantulas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
G_Wright said:
Usembara baboons (P murinus) don't have to burrow you can keep them as aboreals which is what I do they spin huge webs to live in up off the ground. I have never seen P murinus dig a burrow it'self but will tahe to one if allready there. In most cases with murinus if left to it's self they prefer to spin big webs up off the ground.
My P. Murinus has dug its-self a hole (I wouldnt call it a burrow because its not too big....) but my does tend to keep its-self above ground in its huge web! their amazing T's and I would recommend them to anyone thats after an aggressive T,

Good luck!

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I 2nd A. geniculata. I don't know how available they are in petstores though.

Jon

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would suggest getting a Lasiodora parahybana. They are fairly common in pet stores. They get big, are always out in the open and wont run scared into the corner. IMO they are about halfway between really agressive and docile.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lasiodora Parahybana

Yes, an L. parahybana would be an ideal T. Watch out for the urticating hairs!