fedding mealworms to a rose hair?

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes you can. Be carefull tho, they will burrow and turn into meal worms that your rosea will likley NOT eat.

Make sure she eats it right away, otherwise take it out. If the beatels re-emerge while she is molting the could harm her. Another method is crushing the head, because they will still twitch (making your T more receptive to eating it) and will not be able to burrow.

I would stick with crickets if I where you, but a meal worm makes a a nice snack. {D

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ShaunHolder said:
Yes you can. Be carefull tho, they will burrow and turn into meal worms that your rosea will likley NOT eat.
Many of my Ts will dig the burrowed insects out and my rosea is one of them. But I don't recommend it also since mealworms are too tiny and many larger Ts will ignore them and reluctant to dig them out. When they surface again the molting T may be harmed like what you said. Better choice - superworm

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have an A avic that will eat the adult beetle but I can't get anything to eat mealworms not even my scorps.

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My rosie will not touch a meal worm, maybe its because they are just too small of prey. I would also suggest either sticking with crickets and use super worms as a treat now and then.

Renee

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Brian S said:
I have an A avic that will eat the adult beetle but I can't get anything to eat mealworms not even my scorps.
A well fed T or scorp will unlikely take mealworms.

MANSON

Arachnopeon
my rose loves mealworms, and the adult beetles, they make a big crunch... :cool:

Andreas

Arachnopeon
Uh yeah, big Crunch is good =)...
Well, i gave Mealworms privileged to my slings between third, hm, whats the Word :? , Eating Molt (???), and above to a Body lenght of 3 centimetres, the Beetles as well...
In change with Crickets, small Locusts and, at the Time, young Ant queens...
My smithi ( Body lenght 2 centimetres) loves them !

Greets, Andreas

8leggedrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Rosie, which I'm pretty sure by now IS a she, loves mealworms. But she was starved when I got her from the shop. :( She also loved the adult beetle that was running around in the mw container! :D I hate the noise from crickets, so I'm looking into alternative food for my Ts, maybe roaches or waterbugs. I collected all the waterbugs I could find in the basement and put them into a cracked 10 gallon I don't use for anything... if they start breeding then that's what they'll be eating. I'm also considering buying a few dozen larger roaches from somewhere and seeing how that goes. My experience with crix tells me I could breed them fairly easily... but gahh -- the noise. :p

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My hamsters love mealworms. They will almost take your finger off getting them. None of my Ts find them interesting though. Going to try them again tonight since the tub is getting older and they need to be eaten.

What are the beetles they turn into? Thought about letting a couple mature to see what it was like. Are they fairly safe to throw in the enclosure and let the T take them when it feels like it?(assuming no molting)