P.regalis. communal living.

Arachnoking

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are the 5 spiderlings i got today but u can only see a couple of them. i will be moving them into a new home tommorow.

I got these spiders from Kate (Lostkat) on the forum. Thanks for those Kate :)

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that is cool i did'nt know that you can house these together. how much of living space do 5 adults need to be safe form being eat'en?

Arachnoking

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
to be honest im not totaly sure on the ideal size for the adults but i have a custom built perspex tank that measures 2ft x 2ft x 3ft tall. if anyone else has any suggestions with regards to the size tak i would need please add your imput to this thread :)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
<<HERE>>
is a nice long thread about communal regalis. If you can ignore the flame war in the middle of it, it's got some GREAT information!

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Communal Living...

Those are cute! Regarding communal living; I have had success in keeping Avicularia Avicularia's together in one tank. A LARGE tank 4 feet high and 16 inches wide with plenty of food. Pokies living together? Never tried it, but if any fighting or cannibalism ensues I would seperate them. Good luck!
;)

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't know anything about keeping pokies together and the requirements on size but I wish you the best of luck. :)

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice to see some of my slings going to a communal set-up :) Glad you're happy with them! I've kept some for myself and will be rearing those communally. After my success with P. formosa, I am eager to keep more communal groups of pokies.