the addiction continues...

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well i was at the pet shop today and saw this guy, or maybe girl...
SAY HELLO TO MR. B. smithi! i thought this to be a sweet deal at $55
Yes i know he/ she is huge! i dont plan to feed it for several days...he looks really full...

we also got some of these to feed the blondi madagascan hissing cockroaches...prolly safer than Mice. :rolleyes: 3 of them for $5.39 good or bad price?

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow that is a little fat spider. looks like it is eating good.

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
haha that smithi is so fat! i love it! haha.... Well id say its a good adeal considering Roaches are over 15 dollers each here... Petstores sell them for pets tho....

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
~AnimalQueen~ said:
haha that smithi is so fat! i love it! haha.... Well id say its a good adeal considering Roaches are over 15 dollers each here... Petstores sell them for pets tho....
holy cow, i think that is a lot of money for a roach. what part of canada is this?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah that B smithi is fat as mud alright. It looks good. You done good on that deal. I have heard that the hissing cock roaches reproduce quickly so that may be a good source of food. Good luck with your smithi :D

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sex it? it is only like maybe 2" or do you mean the roach? :?

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah roaches seem to be expensive wtf is that? and mice are a but too dangerous for the T. I was thinking about anoles, they arnt expensive and I doubt if they could damage the T.

Btw that is one fat ass spider lol.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i asked the pet store guy about anoles. He said " Anoles are some mean little F****ers if the T did not eat it right away it could hurt the T. " i personally have no idea on anoles, thats just what he said to me today.
-B4 anyone asks, no the roaches are not for this B. smithi, they're for my
T. blondi...

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmm always thought anoles were weak little suckers, they dont even have teeth I dont think. We used to have em when we were kids, they have to be weaker then a mouse.

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The hissers are pretty easy to sex when they're at the juvenile stage or larger. Males develop horn-like projections near their head. I have a fairly large colony but it took a while to reach that stage; other roaches will reproduce faster. However, if you have a very large T that requires large prey, an adult hisser is a good choice.

Karen N.