I did my good deed today.

Stealth Taco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was out buying crickets today in one of the petstores in my area and I noticed that they had some tarantulas. I saw that a few looked in poor health and I bought one of the A. Seemanni T's that they had. Not only is it a beautiful specimen, I was surprised when the owner asked for some care tips for the T's he had! I got him to mist their cages, put some sticks in for the arboreal ones and take out the sponges he had. I feel good :D

Here's a picture of the little guy I purchased (sorry about the bad quality):

Attachments

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I hope they aren't misting thier desert species, like Roseas, and I really hope they dont over mist. :? A lot of tarantula's do better without misting all togethere due to mold and mites. What other advise did you give them? its pretty cool that he asked for advice, at least he wanted to improve the conditions. If you want you could even drop by and give them a caresheet for each species they carry from the net.

Nice T, Im sure it's happy to have found a better home. Grats on your addition.

Stealth Taco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I plan to drop by because the crickets there are cheap! :D But I do plan to see what others he has and give him advice accordingly.

Arachnogeek

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Are you sure that is an A. seemani? From the picture the legs look more like E. murinus. Can you get a better picture?

Dan

Stealth Taco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
strangely enough, it is hard to tell, but to my knowledge, E. murinus has a more brownish abdomen, while the A. seemani has a blue tinted one. This one has a blue tint so I am assuming A. Seemani.