Question about my A. Seemani

SmackMasterT

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I see all these pictures of zebra spiders and they all have large abdomens. i've had mine since april and i feed it alot but it's abdomen is still kind of small. how come?

grammostola1953

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What is the legspan? It could be young, or male. Also, A.seemani have a really slo-o-ow growth rate. I waited 1 1/2 yrs for mine to molt...
Check out the gallery at e-spiderworld.com or birdspiders.com, tho none do justice to the real thing! ;)

SmackMasterT

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it's leg span is at least 5-7 inches. i just wanna make sure nothing is wrong with it. i love it to death. he's one of two T's that i have. my other is a rosie.

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you know if it is male or female? At that size I'm guessing female (uninformed guess) but check the first pair of legs. Does it have hooks on the tibia section of the legs?

SmackMasterT

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no it has no hooks. it has a very bald abdomen too. it stays mostly in it's hide i dont see it much.

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds like it's getting ready to molt. Has the abdomen darkened at all? About the best you can do right now is monitor it and offer food every few days (until the abdomen darkens). Be sure to remove the crickets, meal worms, or whatever you're feeding it if they aren't eaten in a day. Also make sure it has fresh water. Good luck.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keep offering it food once a week and if the prey is uneaten within a few hours remove the prey...as already stated make sure it has fresh water...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes: