A.Geniculata feeding/moulting...

Smooopz

Arachnopeon
How often should i feed my tarantula? Iv'e fed it 2 times a month now, like they said in the shop. How can i vary it's diet? Does it feed on everything that is soft enough? :confused:

Attachments

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What are you feeding it? If it will eat, feed it more often than that. If it's not allready full or approaching a molt, then it will eat a lot more than two times a month. Just keep offering it single crickets untill it stops eating them! :D

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
He does not need that much food im afrad :( , did the shop tell you he was a adult male Smooopz :?

Smooopz

Arachnopeon
Crickets...but she wont take them... :( . Usually i just lay the crickets in front of her, but she doesnt reakt:(. Should i drop it right in front of her so she could "Thump" on it? :?

Smooopz

Arachnopeon
They told me it was a she...how long does the males live?How do you tell?

Last edited:

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is her abdomen really plump? It's really hard to tell at the angle in the post you chose. she might be approaching a molt if shes's not taking crickets. Just leave one in her tank for a small time, while keeping an eye on her. If she won't take it, take the cricket it out and try again later. Tarantula's are known for fasting so as long as it's a female and has a decen sized abdomen I wouldnt worry about it.

Smooopz

Arachnopeon
The abdomen is small in comparison with other pic's i've seen...ill get another pic of her abdomen..

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Smooopz said:
They told me it was a she...how long does the males live?How do you tell?
Bassturds :mad: if the spider you speak of is the one pictured it is a adult male, he could live a year or two maybe but the's no way of knowing how old he is now but he looks quite "fresh".

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
here's some pic's of females >Female< and here >female2< here's a >Male< and lastly a >Pair< the males are legger and have differnt leg marking but you just make out were his hooks are the first pic too.

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I dont want to alarm you, but your T is in a very strange position. It looks to me like it could very well be a mature male. I could be jumpingn to conclusions. Do you see any small hooks near the first set of legs outside the pedipalps?

It's abdomen is quite small, if i where you I'd keep it in the best conditions possible and continue to offer it food. let us know how it works out

Smooopz

Arachnopeon
I'f i'm not mistaken, i can remember some cind of hooks on the first set of legs but i'm not sure..(I'll check)