Metropelma Zebratum

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what can anyone tell me about these spiders? i did a search on yahoo but came up short. all i get is, i think that it's common name is costa rican suntigger, but when i search for costa rican suntiger i get info on Crypsidromus Zebrata. can anyone help

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Far as I know the only difference between this T and C. fasciatum is the size. the M. zebratum is the dwarven version of the costa rican tiger rump. Supposedly, they only get to be about 2" to 2.5" as adults. I have a M. zebratum myself and he's quite the stunning little guy. Will be interesting to see how much bigger he gets as he is already around 2"

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i heard that someone has a 3" female. do you have any pics or know were i can get some.

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Haven't taken any pictures of mine but I could do that tomorrow sometime and throw it up on here. I don't know where you could buy one on the internet but I got mine from Tommy Agosta of Eight Legs Plus. He goes to shows in the NY, NJ, and Pennsylvania area.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Waxen said:
Haven't taken any pictures of mine but I could do that tomorrow sometime and throw it up on here. I don't know where you could buy one on the internet but I got mine from Tommy Agosta of Eight Legs Plus. He goes to shows in the NY, NJ, and Pennsylvania area.
that would be great if you could show us some pics thanks. Tarcan from this site sells them

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Metropelma males also lack tibal hooks where has cyclo males have them M.zebratum i would say are well worth your time getting hold off tho :)

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
FryLock said:
Metropelma males also lack tibal hooks where has cyclo males have them M.zebratum i would say are well worth your time getting hold off tho :)
i am thinking off getting one, but i need to know more about them before i jump into it. do these spiders borrow? or are they arboreal?

priZZ

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It is Metriopelma zebratum... the name.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
priZZ said:
It is Metriopelma zebratum... the name.
you are right(i am not a good spiller or copyer). i used the new spilling and still could'en get any info form "yahoo".