Odd question...

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just found out I'm pregnant for the first time. Does anyone know if being around my T's will cause me or my baby any harm? I REALLY hope not because I love my T's. :D

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
congrats....but i dont see how having a tarantula would do any harm to an unborn baby??? and judging by how many posts you've wrote, you already know of the dangers for your health...

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lol thanks.. no they don't smoke {D {D unfortunately my fiance does... but he goes outside.. it's just my T's I don't want to give up for anything!

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
~AnimalQueen~ said:
congrats....but i dont see how having a tarantula would do any harm to an unborn baby??? and judging by how many posts you've wrote, you already know of the dangers for your health...
Well I'm just going by the typical "don't touch your cat's litterbox" type of advice, and since I don't have cats I don't care about that.. but noone ever writes about tarantulas and this subject.. but you're right I'm sure I have nothing to worry about. :D

Tiny315

Arachnopeon
Hey veronyka, we're neighbors.... I live just a few minutes down the 91 from you in Lakewood.
Congrats on the baby and you don't have anything to worry about. Greg

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tiny315 said:
Hey veronyka, we're neighbors.... I live just a few minutes down the 91 from you in Lakewood.
Congrats on the baby and you don't have anything to worry about. Greg
Just realized that I posted under my Daughters screen name.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well the only thing would be to worry about having babies like T's do...150 kids would be a handful...Congrats on the baby...

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Hey Veronyka,

Long time no see. Glad to see you back on the boards and a big CONGRATS on your pregnancy! :)

In response to your question, I would personally treat it the exact same as the "don't touch your cat's litterbox" advise. Basically, I would NOT handle them, not clean the tank for a bit, and definitely make sure that you WASH UP really good after feeding them. You may want to look into an air purifier (if you don't already have one). ;)

Hope that helped and CONGRATS !!!! :)

Regards,

Debby (a.k.a. Satanika)

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hehe.. thanks all of you.. what a bummer if i shouldnt touch them but i will see what happens:)

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMO touching your T's should be fine, just make sure you wash your hands before you touch your body or face.