R.I.P precious =\

UdBoEmR

Arachnopeon
erm, same day as always, chatting on forums and whatnot, i look at the cage, and he looked very odd, one of his legs was under him, like he was laying on it. The night before, he had ate like 3 crickets, i expected him to be bouncing off the walls. a quick tap behind him, and i was thinking "OMG! FINALLY! HES MOLTING! HES GONNA BE HUGE!"..

Yet, with an hour, not a single movement. I was getting a sulking feeling, a tap on his back and no movement, he was dead.

Being the sentimental fellow i am, i had to do it.
( i kept all images under 640 x 480, to help folks with 56k/older computers with low resolutions )

*fights back the tears*

edit: none of the posts will show, attempting manual uploading*
(i try not to use the function unless i have to, since bandwidth isnt free..)
err, you cap at 100 k, and mine are 300k each, looking for alternative hosting

edit: and ANOTHER edit (cut quality to a 6 in photoshop to get each pic under 100k)

Attachments

Last edited:

VoodooFuneral

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sad

I'm sorry you lost your little buddy. It looks like he was very much loved. (What a sweet little burial site) :(

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rip...

I am sorry for your loss. It always commences when we least expect it. :(

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sorry for the loss...looks like you gave it a decent Christian Burial

Atalanta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss - it's always difficult. Was he with you long?

Tarangela

Arachnobaron
I am so sorry :( I haven't lost one of my adults yet. I have lost slings though :( I can't imagine losing any of them. I will have a burial similar to yours though, if it ever happens.

So sorry :(

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just so you know if a tarantula is molting and you don't know its not wise to touch them. This is not a flame this is just so you know for the next time, I'm not saying you killed you're tarantula as a single touch to the bum would not have done it. But I'm just saying its not a good thing at all to touch a molting tarantula. If you think a tarantula is molting and you don't know for sure the only thing you should do is wait it out. I'm sorry for you're loss. :(

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I kinda wonder if he was molting since he ate the previous night. My sympathies for this loss.

Karen N.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
OMG! That was beautiful! You put flowers in the box!! I am SO SORRY for your loss, I hope you get over it soon. Perhaps you should go out an buy some more Ts to ease your pain!

huggles

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow, you acually burried it. Thats really cool. Too bad about the death, better luck in the future, eh? :eek:

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes you should stop what you are doing and right away go buy two new tarantulas. :p

UdBoEmR

Arachnopeon
The closest place ive found with tarantula's is on the far side of houston, a good, oh.. 2 hours + 3 hours(Traffic) from here..

Im still trying to get over it. I guess i cant just forget, but i decided to go and water-down the pain by tickling one of my few vices...

It had one little flaw on it, a small scratch.. but i couldnt help it. I just felt a connecton. (err it had a sticker too, but i'll get it off, mark my words!)...
One day, i hope to learn how to play...

..you can see its super-low action from here..

Attachments

Last edited: