Please help with my new website *read on*

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi all,

I've about finished my new website that I've been creating: http://www.invertebay.com

I created it to try and enhance the processes behind selling, buying and trading invertebrates and all other associated goods such as equipment or livefood etc. Bassically, InverteBay aims to create and unify a central point for online invertebrate/exotic pets/equipment etc trading.

The website is online, though obviously requires people's interactions to make it work, so I'm asking you to go to http://www.invertebay.com join up and register (for free) if you've the time, and hopefully place some adverts to sell/trade to aid the site in its launch.

Also for those of you with websites or stocklists, I've made a section to allow you to have your own online shops to remove the hassle of chain emails or repetitive posting on the same subjects.

The site is open to all countries, though primarily at this stage it is UK based; this will change to include other countries if the UK version proves popular!

Some of the advantages are:

* Free membership
* Open for all
* Trading in all livefood/exotic pets/equipment/merchandise/books/media etc
* No membership needed to browse adverts
* Place your own adverts, for free
* A record of the quality of your trading - so users know who to look to when they want to buy.
* Your own online shop - ideal for those who have websites but no real selling section, or simply wish to have another site to increase business. * Your own members area where you can keep track of your placed ads, your InverteBay messages, your tradepoints and your ClipBoard.
* Avoid lengthy waits for cheques to clear; Instant payment via paypal!
* Create your own personal clipboard - an area where you can store InverteBay adverts that interest you.
* large detailled help file as well as free user support via email/InverteBay internal mail
* Easy to use abuse reporting system

So please help launch the site by registering, which only takes a few minutes, then adding any items you have for sale or any that you seek. Thankyou,

I'd certainly appreciate any feedback, which can be sent to fox@deifiler.fsnet.co.uk

Best wishes,
-Dan W. P. Fox

http://www.InverteBay.com - the online central trading point for invertebrates, exotic pets, equipment and more!

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hate to bump threads back to page one, so I'll only do it once. Does anyone have any comments/questions about my site? It requires a lot of members to get it going, so I'd really appreciate if any of the UK/EUROPE members could sign up and possibly advertise some things...

Apologies for the repost.

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi deifliler,

It looks like a really good website. I do hope it does become a success and gets plenty of users. Sometimes it can be a bit hit and miss whether a website is a success or not, i seem to remember a website posted by a member here called invertcare or something. It was a great idea, but it never took off.
As i see it, the ony competition you have in terms of uk classifieds are www.cviewmedia.com and www.livefoodshop.co.uk, neither of which have as good an interface as your website.

Good luck!

8leggedrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very cool, Defiler... I'll register once I get my paypal account set up sometime next month. :) Great site you've made for everyone -- thanks!

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah my thoughts exactly. Cview media allowed me to advertise on there though. Livefood is primarily their own shop with the adds as an additional way to harvest people to the site, thus maximising sales, or so I presume.

Yeah I'm going to work on some schemes to try and recruit members, starting by selling off some of my stock, at reduced prices if the purchases occur via the website for example... It's a 'snowball case' where by once it gets rolling it should increase in size (and hopefully not melt or contain urine). Just a case of getting members, having them post adverts, then people buying their stuff.

My brother is just working on making a whole 'email verification' process to make the site easier to use and more interactive. I desperately need to complete the "tell a friend" scheme so people can inform others about it in this 'vital' early stage.

Thanks, I appreciate the support:)

aliasx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Better hope ebay doesnt care or take notice or you might be getting a cool cease and desist letter from their lawyers. :cool:

btw: nice site!

Rourke

ArachnoProletariat
Old Timer
aliasx said:
Better hope ebay doesnt care or take notice or you might be getting a cool cease and desist letter from their lawyers. :cool:

btw: nice site!
That was my first thought as well. I would change the name ASAP, because if it does take off, there is little doubt that you will get such a notification.

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mr. Rourke said:
That was my first thought as well. I would change the name ASAP, because if it does take off, there is little doubt that you will get such a notification.
I am agreeing here as well. Anything with "ebay" or even "bay" could lead to some legal action from ebay, which is stupid, but that's how it is.

Shiver

Banned duplicate account
Old Timer
I registered. I dont even know if it is useful to me though since I live in Cnada so I will wait till more people from Canada join.

DE3

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
"bay"

JakeRocks said:
I am agreeing here as well. Anything with "ebay" or even "bay" could lead to some legal action from ebay, which is stupid, but that's how it is.
Not to rub anybody the wrong way, but this "bay" --> http://www.yourbay.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl has been around a while, and although I'm only vaguely familiar with it, I know that a fair amount of moolah has changed hands in there..