weirdness in suntiger tank (what is this????)

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok so i looked in my sun tiger's kritter keeper this morning...and i saw some strangness in her water dish....

there was a white ball, that looked like a piece of KIX cereal....but the ball looked like it had a ton of flat edges if that makes any sense

and also there were some blackish turd looking things that appeared to be silked together. i don't know if they were poo or not b/c i've seen where the spider poops and it is a white liquid type thing.

so anyway is this normal or is something really strange going on? :?

TRowe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It sounds like mold or some kind of nasty fungus to me. Probably not a big deal if you just clean out the water dish really well, and keep it clean. If the "Kix" ball gives you any trouble, evacuate your home and call the National Guard.

Tim

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
spider poop will turn into little bally things if the tarantula poops in the water. My Curly Hair loves to poop in the water and I always find 6-7 little round turds.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well i doubt it was mold, i just cleaned its dish yesterday morning! the ball was there when i got home from work that night. hopefully its just poop and nothing potentially harmful

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If it was the size and shape of a pice of "kix' it was not T excrement. More likely it was a food bolus. It's the undigested prey remains wrapped in silk and disgarded. Several of my arboreal T's are notorious for tossing them in their water dishes.
You will definitely want to clean your water dish though as the wet organic matter will soon foul and will mold or worse yet, attract mites.

Take care.

Atrax

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Poop Balls...

Yeah, I get those sometimes. They poop in their water dish and it looks like Kix cereal gone bad. Keep changing the water just in case there was fungus in there.