Pamphobeteus Ultramarinus molting

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey All,
I was just digging around my floppy discs and found this pic of my Pamphobeteus Ultramarinus finishing his shed. This is when I discovered it was a he. Vibrant and stunning. My favorite pamp. He is at John Hoke's for breeding, keep your fingers crossed on this one! :}

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Purple Pamp...

I love Pamps... This one I recall now was purchased from Darwin Sinram a few years ago as a Machala Birdspider (Pamphobeteus sp.) as a sling. :D

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Curious , where'd you get the male from? I just ahd one over here for breeding and it looked very little like that, unless its mostly flash....
T

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ultramarinus is an awesome sp.

stewartb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

If you don,t mind me asking, what makes you think it is ultramarinus??? especially if if was sold to you as a species from Marchalla??

Do you have any better Pics??

Regards,

Stew.

Kismet

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Beauty of a spider.

:eek: That's an amazing T!!!!

Droooooool...

Damn it that's another one for my list!

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
The male ultramarinus I had over here looked alot more like the female than that male does. And seeing how there are so few female ultra's around I am surprised someone would try to breed a 'sp ling' with their female. The guy I got my male from imported his as juvies and looked like my female, reference the pic in another thread..
Tony

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Greg Wolfe said:
Hey All,
I was just digging around my floppy discs and found this pic of my Pamphobeteus Ultramarinus finishing his shed. This is when I discovered it was a he. Vibrant and stunning. My favorite pamp. He is at John Hoke's for breeding, keep your fingers crossed on this one! :}
Hey Greg.
Your male just threw a sperm web friday, I'll be breeding him sometime Monday.
I'll be sure to take some pictures and keep you posted.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. Ultramarinus male

Hey Eric!
Thanks for posting! I have been thinking about him quite a bit. I look forward to seeing pix and an update! Are we 100% on his ID? From what I have researched he does fit the Ultramarinus profile, and I inquired with Darwin Sinram more than once and he wasn't sure. Keep me up to date!

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Greg, do you have online sources for a mature male ultramarinus pic?
Like I said, unless thats the flash, he looks alot different than the male we had locally..
T

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
My concern was 'one of these males does't look like other, one of these males doesn't belong'....One of us has something other than ultramarinus, if you go by the pics...Mine was imported from europe as a juvie, the other sold as ssp. I only voice concern due to the very limited # of females stateside. Counting Hoke, I know of 4 people personally who have em...I am sure there are more, but since it wasnt my male I didnt ferret them out...
T

Juraviel

Arachnopeon
It's very nice spider, I've never see this kind in Poland in spider exchange, It's posible to buy some spider in another country? Np. I sell you money and you send me spider, It's possible?

stewartb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

If it comes from marchalla, I would be very doubtful if it is ultramarinus.

Regards,

Stew.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. Ultramarinus...

Darwin Sinram @ www.spiderpatch.com told me he was pamphobeteus sp.(machala birdspider) when I bought this one as a sling. I do recall Darwin informing me he didn't breed these, that he obtained some slings from another source of which I don't know.
This beauty may be another pamp, it is possible. We will find out tomorrow when Eric and John @ e-spiderworld introduce him to his ultramarinus female.
Eric or John have not informed me that this male is not ultramarinus, so I remain in waiting.

stewartb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmmmmmmmm ok then?????.

Will have to try that method one day. :?

Regards,

Stew.

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
P. ultramarinus pic

I'd agree, it looks a lot different from the mature male I've seen. (now deceased)

Lochala

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:} WOW!!! :} They are so beautiful you can barely even believe they are real.