Ms. Smithi's feeding time

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I took these shots using infared so as not to disturb her in her new house. I used jungle mix this time for substrate and piled it fairly thick just in case she falls off the glass or decides to make another burrow. Nothing seems to phase her, I dropped a cricket in just moments after moving her in and she chased it right down.

Atalanta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool shots - I especially like the reflection in the last one. Good idea with the infrared.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice shots. I don't think many people know that their digital cameras will take pictures in the IR. I've not noticed my terrestrial NW Ts being disturbed by flash light though. My B.smithi has never given a damn about light at all. I've photographed her while feeding and molting several times and she didn't seem bothered in the slightest.

I prefer to take full color pics in natural light. You need a lot of light for macro shots and focussing manually in the dark is impossible.

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Raindog said:
I took these shots using infared so as not to disturb her in her new house. I used jungle mix this time for substrate and piled it fairly thick just in case she falls off the glass or decides to make another burrow. Nothing seems to phase her, I dropped a cricket in just moments after moving her in and she chased it right down.
Very cool shots. Nice T, btw. I really want my smithi to hurry up and molt so it can look like that.