Male collorvillosum vs leopard gecko

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
:mad:
Here's what happens when a immature 4" male colloro gets out somehow and squeezes into a leopard geckos cage. I have recovered what I believe to be 6 legs and two palps, NOTHING ELSE????no carapace remnants? I am about to conduct a whole room search in the hope that the spider make it out the 1/2" gap I left with 2 legs. I mean c'mon could it have eaten the whole dam body???
Tony (quite pissed)

Edit: I knew somethign was wrong before I turned on the light I saw these dark shapes in there. I was last in there Wed, and it ate a couple crix...any bets on the spider having made it out with two legs?

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
From what I see I would have to say not a chance...sorry...

Regards, Mike :(

JDS

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Any visible bite marks on the Gecko?
How about a plump tummy? :}

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
I dunno, its actually been a week or two since I was in the cup with the male in it. Maybe he's been out for a while...anyway the geckos tank had maybe a 1/2" opening where the lid wasnt slid all the way in. I did a fairly thorough room sweep and didn't find him (how could he climb out with two legs???). But in the tank I did not find anything other than the afformentioned limbs strewn about. The gecko ate the carapace completely? and the abdomen? Even the fangs??? I combed through the sand and found NOTHING ELSE, not even a moist clump of sand to indicate the bleeding I would expect from such a vicious meal. I was in that room Wed. and didnt see anything, in fact I am pretty sure thats when I last fed it.
T
here is the gecko, does it seem huge after such a meal? Its a light eater BTW, usually takes 4-6 crickets.....I am just stunned by the lack of anything other that 8 of the 10 appendages.

Edit: My God , he actually looks smug in pic2 !

Last edited:

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I never new Leo's could be that ferocious. Sorry for your loss but I chuckled when I seen the first pic, but Pic2 is priceless :) Maybe I should move my T's away from my Leo cages. By the way Nice Looking Gecko, HYPO?

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I concur, he ate it. He really does look smug too! The evidence will be a pair of fangs in friday's feces. Sorry about your T.

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mabey your t ate the gecko and disguised itself as a gecko. :?

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"monantony" sorry to hear about your loss. even thoe it is cuit, i can see the evel look in its eyes(the second pic).

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Drawn in quarters...

Oh man...
That's most bizarre. Do you know how your T got out? I am sorry for your loss.

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
Yep I certainly see your leopard gecko smiling in the 2nd pic... sorry about your loss.

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
It could only have gotten out due to my carelessness. Funny, I dont remember going into its container for a couple weeks...
Dam

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry to hear your loss.
thats a very nice high-yellow gecko, myself, I'm in the process of breeding my pair of high yellow leopard gecko. but you have a really nice markings on your gecko.

Trish

Arachnopeon
>Its a light eater BTW, usually takes 4-6 crickets.

>Edit: My God , he actually looks smug in pic2 !

Sorry to hear about the T Tony.

Maybe the gecko doesn't want to be a light eater. But the photo is priceless. Kinda looks like the "gecko that ate the tarantula".

Trish

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
well they say the proof is in the pooding.....(groan)

Pic one shows a cricket ,center foreground. You can make out the chelicera on the right.
Pic two shows the abdomen,left and carapace right !!!!

T

Mikeymike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how did a carapace make it out the other end?

gee sorry to hear about that, but since u say you hadnt opened the conatiner for a while it could have been eaten over a few days..

sry for your loss.

Mikey