No Appetite?

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i have a tarantula, an Usambra Orange Baboon, i got it a few days ago together with a pinktoe, the pinktoe eats alot, in fact it eats everything i feed it but my orange baboon dont seem to be eating, what is the problem ? is it because the usambra orange baboon has a small appetite or is it sick or something ? or is it still unadaptable to the new home? hope to get a reply ASAP ..

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
does it show any signs of soon to molt. welcom to the boards.

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
thanks, but honestly, i am just a beginner. i dun really know what are the signs of a molt..

here's a picture of my orange baboon ..

Attachments

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Could be getting ready to molt. I'm not sure, I can't really tell from the pic. Or, it's just as likely that the spider just isn't hungry. Keep offering food every couple days and watch for signs of molting.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They generally have a good apettite (sp) it may take the spider a few weeks to get used to its new home...keep trying to offer food once a week...any food left uneaten remove after 3 or 4 hours...it may be coming up to a molt or may be just not hungry...

Regards, Mike

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if the spider is active it is not sick. its probely not hungry or it is going ot molt soon.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As Mike H said, they usually have good appetites. Just offer food every few days or so. I assume you are using crickets.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not eating...

He maybe just not hungry or preparing to shed. Give him another week and see.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I got my first OBT (usambara) It would not eat with me around. In the morning the crix were gone. They like to hunt at night. Or it could be premolt.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
David Burns said:
When I got my first OBT (usambara) It would not eat with me around. In the morning the crix were gone. They like to hunt at night. Or it could be premolt.
when my adult g.rosea "use" to eat i noticed that with her aswell. i would have to stay competly still, and even cover my mouth.