Got Me An OBT

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well...I was in Columbus, GA, visiting my younger bro's apartment when he said the pet store had T's.

I went expecting Avics, Roseys, and Smithis....but found an OBT!

He/she/it is about 1.5"-2" (I ain't getting close enough to measure it...the thing's an outright bastard!)

Fun times getting it into a delicup and then into it's new critter keeper.

He's a bit more than if I had gotten him online...but I could'nt pass up getting an OBT (he had recently molted...and webbed up the molt)...he cost $26.99

And he is an absolute bastard...did I mention that already?

And his name.....I'm teetering between Pol Pot and Joseph Stalin. {D

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Most Old World species have this attitude problem. Another name you might consider is Hitler or Castro {D

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I thought of Hitler...but since it's orange which is close to red....I'm leaning towards the communists =D

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Good idea. It can be the mascot of the communist party {D If you get a chance I would like to see a foto of Stalin. I have been thinking about getting this species since I need some Old World Ts in my collection

Last edited:

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah, the sucker's already slaughtered his first cricket and has almost completely webbed up his hide

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I love naming T's based off their nasty attitudes. I named my H.Lividum Mr. Sinister after he tried to bite, and then proceded to chase my hand out of his container when I unpacked him. :rolleyes:

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
$26.99 is not a bad price considering if you were to buy one from a dealer plus pay the shipping cost. Congrats on the addition :D

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Haha I have a Curly Hair named Stalin and an emperor scorpion named hitler. :p My obt is named Ganondorf.

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah, he's webbed up his hide enterance right now after dragging a cricket into there

8leggedrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OBT...? is this "Orange Bitey Thing"? LOL :D and what species is this exactly? :rolleyes:

BBlack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
8leggedrobot,

P. murinus from the Usambara Mountains in africa. They're the red colour form.

Randomosity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah...and now he's trying to burrow inside his hide (which is a small little cup since he's a small guy)