H.Maculata problems

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmmm... well for the last month and a half "pythagoris" has had this thing on the top of his abdomen? it looks like a calus bump kinda.... he hasnt ate in the last two weeks and im kinda stressed because usually he's my biggest eater... But yesterday i noticed the bump has turned an orangy color?????which i dont understand....any one have any ideas what going on here?
btw....if this has anythingto do with it...he is incredably fat....he kinda drags more than walks lol... I woul dshow pics of it but my webcam sux...he doensnt even climb or spin webs an stuff....(i bought him with messed up spinnerettes)
Thanx for the help
~meagan~

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmm...interesting. Never seen anything like what you're talking about. I know you said your cam sucks (I know what you mean, mine's worthless) but maybe you could try to post a pic anyway? :) Please??? If he's as fat at you say he is you may want to stop offering food. Doubt that he'll eat anyway but still, just a precaution.

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes and when i first got him he climbed 24/7...... now he just hides and he trys to climb but he just falls back down...kinda like my smithi...hehe.....and his butt is bald???? but it cant throw hairs????and then i read females butts go bald...so i dunno..

Attachments

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
~AnimalQueen~ said:
yes and when i first got him he climbed 24/7...... now he just hides and he trys to climb but he just falls back down...kinda like my smithi...hehe.....and his butt is bald???? but it cant throw hairs????and then i read females butts go bald...so i dunno..
It won't have ANY urticating hairs, as this is an old world tarantula. As for the bump, I can't really help you. If it's that fat, though, I'd certainly cut back on feeding it.

-Bryan

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Has the T molted since you've had it? How badly were the spinnerettes messed up when you got it? This is just a wild guess but from the spot you circled on the pic perhaps the spinnerettes are regenerating and you're seeing them under the old exoskeleton?

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Phaedrus said:
Has the T molted since you've had it? How badly were the spinnerettes messed up when you got it? This is just a wild guess but from the spot you circled on the pic perhaps the spinnerettes are regenerating and you're seeing them under the old exoskeleton?
I didnt even think of that..No he hasnt molted since ive had him but i was expecting him to soon.... Yeah one spinerette looks okay the other one is like all bent weird...he cant even spin anything..... But that makes total sence...because the bump seems to be divided in two....and that would explain the whole none eating.....Thanx bud, that totally eases my mind, and thats what it must be...
@the eternal... i no its an old world spider thats what im saying... he lost his pattern????? his butt is basically a pinky color except at the top of the abdomen...
~Meagan~