2" b. emilia for $30?

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
would you guys consider that a very good deal? a local pet store has one for that price and i was a bit tempted, but i am also pretty broke... :8o

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
That is an excellent price when you consider that the average retail on a two incher is about $60.

Gail

grammostola1953

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great deal! I paid $40, for a smaller one from a private party. Where is it? I'm going for a ride! :p

Lyle Beach

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The ones I've seen in most pet stores are $89-$99

except for the occasional Petco mislable for $29.99

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd call it a STEAL! Most dealers have priced B. emilias of that size at around $60.00-65.00, so that would be half-price! I don't know how some of you luck up and find T's in PET SHOPS, of all places, for such dirt-bottom prices! We don't have Petco around here, and most of the existing shops don't carry T's at all. Those who do mainly have Rosehairs and Pink Toes, and they are usually horribly overpriced.

pitbulllady

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A Petco employee told me that their "Red Knees" will go on sale from 99 to 35 about every 2-3 months. Every time I have looked in on them they have been B. Emelias.

Maybe next time they go on sale I should buy a few up.

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yes thats a very good deal, considerung a sling cost $40. just make sure its a B. emilia.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well... as far as i can remember it had a mostly black body and a tan triangle on its carapace....i guess i'm no expert but i'm guessing its most likely a b. emilia... i saw what they look like full grown and they are a lot prettier than i expected so i may have to go donate some plasma this week haha... plus i think it is a species i'll probably want to breed, since i'm sure i'll want to try my hand at breeding someday. maybe by the time i get out of school it will be full grown and ready for some sex haha.

Shiver

Banned duplicate account
Old Timer
I got mine for 30 dollars and that was in Canadian funds so it is a good deal.

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
burntbythesun, Id'e jump on that quicker than....

(shuts mouth)

Dekejis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Agreed. Petco, in particular is (at least the one around here) notorious for mislabeled spiders. Of all the Ts I've seen for sale as a red knee, only *one* was ever actually a red knee.

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Yeah, as I said before and all else have said, a definate deal and here is the proof - at the local show today I traded two 3.5" B.emilias, one a probable immature male and one unsexed (I had three to start with as tiny slings and when I knew one was a definate female I was ready to part with the others).
In trade I got:
10 Pterinochilus sp. that were all labeled as Usumbaras but which contain some really cool color phases - red-orange, electric orange, tangerine, yellow orange and mustard brownish yellow
9 Rose hairs
2 Pink Toes
Now, for me, I felt it was a great deal as those are all species that, despite their common natures, I really love 'em and I got 21 spiders for 2 - now the fella I traded with, he thinks he got the better end of the deal, so since we both think we made out, that's the best kind of transaction. I probably should mention that I was also willing to let them go to this guy because he's a great guy who has always given me discounts and deals in the past that he doesn't general give out to others so it was a sort of "you scratched my back so I'll scratch yours" kind of thing :)

Gail

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well i went back and there was no b. emilia....either they sold it or i misidentified it.

they did however have a nice 2" a. moderatum which i got for $30 (kritter keeper included) which i thought was a fair deal.

i'm not sure if the a. moderatum was what i thought to be a b. emilia at a glance. however i did remember the spider i thought was a b. emilia had an all black abdomen, unlike the a. moderatum. so i'm guessing somebody just recognized what it was and got themselves a good deal.