Avi. Minatrix faling down

snake1dk

Arachnopeon
I got some minatrix females, and one of them sems to be unable to climbe the glas areas, she keeps on trying, but keeps faling down.
Is there somthing wrong with her? :? :confused:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Probably just needs to molt. I've seen this happen with avics before. Maybe you could get some corkbark and lean it diagonally on the glass.

snake1dk

Arachnopeon
I already have som bark, tree and kork in the terrarium, but she seems to want to stay in the glas areas, and when she dont, she stays on the bottom of the terrarium

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi snake1dk,
I,ve noticed this behavior in A.Minatrix,they sometimes come down to the ground to molt. I dont know why but also there climbing is abit weak around molting time,give it something to drink and it will be fine, maybe mist the sides of the glass!

Cheers
Brendan

snake1dk

Arachnopeon
Aviculariinae said:
Hi snake1dk,
I,ve noticed this behavior in A.Minatrix,they sometimes come down to the ground to molt. I dont know why but also there climbing is abit weak around molting time,give it something to drink and it will be fine, maybe mist the sides of the glass!

Cheers
Brendan
Thanks for youre advice :)
I have a waterdish in her tank, and i mist a couple of times a week, but she still cant climb the glas, but all in all, it sounds like she's going in to a molt.
Thanks for the replies :) :)

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Avic. Minatrix

My little Minatrix did that too, right before "she" shed. :D