hiding.. hiding.. hiding..

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
since the day my OBT established a web and hid itself inside a hole from a piece of "wood?" i got from the pet store, it hardly ever comes out. sometimes i dont even get to see it al all for the whole day. is it its nature or is it going to molt? or is sick? or does it come out only when there is no one around ? it dont seem to eat either.. well i left a cricket over night, its still there the next morning, some people advice me to take out food that is not eaten so it wont "stress" the T .. but i've tried putting it in for a few more nights, still didnt eat. is it because the cricket hides itself between the wood or .. ? dont tell me the T cant find the cricket.. its just a small tank..

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds like normal OBT behavior to me. It may still be getting used to everything but if it's webbed in it should be fine. It could be molting but you may not know until it comes out and you find the exuvium. The only time I see mine is late at night after the room has been dark and quiet for a few hours. Try to sneak up on it really late some time. You might get lucky and see it out walking around.

James M.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Phaedrus said:
Sounds like normal OBT behavior to me. It may still be getting used to everything but if it's webbed in it should be fine. It could be molting but you may not know until it comes out and you find the exuvium. The only time I see mine is late at night after the room has been dark and quiet for a few hours. Try to sneak up on it really late some time. You might get lucky and see it out walking around.
I tryed the sneaking up thing with mine. It was up on the side of the round enclosure as soon as the light from my flash light shined almost directly at it the darned thing did about 100 laps around the contaner in about 5 seconds,lol.

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
seems like your T can run pretty fast!

dont scare your T too often :p LOL!

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Elusive T...

I agree with Phaedrus. Your T is not hungry, going to molt and is very elusive.

James M.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:D
Randychuah said:
seems like your T can run pretty fast!

dont scare your T too often :p LOL!
The sucker was only an inch and a half and I could hear it's little "feet" evrytime thay touched the plastic. What an ordeal {D . I have not seen much of the OBT since. I would say yours is working on molting if it is not eating. Thay are bright colored usualy so if it was dark befor hand than it is defanantly molting. When it is ready to eat it will come out alot in serch of food. You can tell when it is ready to feed when the fangs are black. I was checking to see if the fangs where black on mine when I shined the flash light on it. Welcome to the boards and enjoy. Also, Be careful with it as thay are extra fast and agresive, hints the nicname OBT. :D

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
yea they are very fast and agresive in fact!
i tried to take it out of its tank, leting it to walk on my palm, suddenly a little wind from my standing fan and "proop!!" its on the ceiling... had a hard time getting it back to its tank, it showed me its fangs a few times when i tried to get it down .. !