Does it ever stop?

Jeri

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is there ever a point when the average T keeper doesn't feel thet they need another spider? I just bought my A. seemanni last week, and was offered a B. smithi on Friday for $60. Now I'm in a panic to see where I can squeeze a few extra bucks out of the budget to buy her. I always feel that "just one more" will be enough, but it never turns out that way. I swear this smithi will be enough for me, unless I see a lividium, or a blondi, or...

Help!
Jeri

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Welcome to the addiction dear, and no, it only gets worse. I have 50... and STILL drool when I see a new and exciting T! :rolleyes:

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Jeri said:
Is there ever a point when the average T keeper doesn't feel thet they need another spider? I just bought my A. seemanni last week, and was offered a B. smithi on Friday for $60. Now I'm in a panic to see where I can squeeze a few extra bucks out of the budget to buy her. I always feel that "just one more" will be enough, but it never turns out that way. I swear this smithi will be enough for me, unless I see a lividium, or a blondi, or...

Help!
Jeri
You know you're addicted when...

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's never gonna stop!!! We are weak and we cannot resist the temptation that has been brought before us. There is AA and NA. Next there will be TA :rolleyes:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Brian S said:
It's never gonna stop!!! We are weak and we cannot resist the temptation that has been brought before us. There is AA and NA. Next there will be TA :rolleyes:
Is THAT why I drive one of those?!! {D

grammostola1953

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
MizM said:
Welcome to the addiction dear, and no, it only gets worse. I have 50... and STILL drool when I see a new and exciting T! :rolleyes:
I KNOW!!!! But, for me, its almost any t if I have cash. I went to a swap the other day, for cheap KK's & cricket food ONLY. I found 2 Aph. sp. for $15, for both! How could I NOT?!? They are WC, juves, most likely A.anax, were in dry cups, godknowswhen they ate. I HAD TO!
Can anyone out there tell me I was wrong? I don't think so... ;)

Shiver

Banned duplicate account
Old Timer
I have been plagued by this addiction for years. I am going into Tarantulas Anonymous soon.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
grammostola1953 said:
I KNOW!!!! But, for me, its almost any t if I have cash. I went to a swap the other day, for cheap KK's & cricket food ONLY. I found 2 Aph. sp. for $15, for both! How could I NOT?!? They are WC, juves, most likely A.anax, were in dry cups, godknowswhen they ate. I HAD TO!
Can anyone out there tell me I was wrong? I don't think so... ;)
"If loving them is wrong, I don't wanna be right..." :p

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
this addiction.. will never stop! honestly i myself have been addicted by the Ts but unfortunately i only have 2, an obt and a pinktoe .. thats because Ts are rare here in johor(a state of malaysia) which means i have to travel quite a distance to get them..

MizM has 50 and thats like WOW! post some pix of ur Ts Mizm.. let us have a look at them ~

Earth Tiger

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Jeri said:

Help!
Jeri
It won't stop. I can see that you now own some beginner species. Sooner or later, you will turn to a more experienced keeper and you will find more and more species that you can master. And every year new exciting species are being introduced into the hobby and the only reasons that you will stop getting them are running out of money and space. I think members here owning more than 50+ Ts like MizM are pretty common and I am one of those too :)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Earth Tiger speaks the truth. I remember the good old days when I'd say, "Pokies are SO SCARY, I'll NEVER own one of those!!" But gosh, once you get one, you'll stop at NO SPECIES!!! {D

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeal i have my brain racked trying figure out witch spider i am going to get next. i would love to get them all, but i only have the room for one(to replace my h.lividum). that is why i am takeing so long.

the more research i do the more likely i will get more then one.

firefox2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't think there is ever an end {D . I just placed another order with Martin, being sent out tomorrow, and have already started planning with the hubby which ones we are getting next :eek:

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It will be one this year this month since I got my first, A. seemani.
By December I had 4.
Now, I have 50 plus by next week.
And I know its a problem b/c I actually lie to friends and family. "Yes, someone just didn't want those 4 tarantulas anymore and gave them to me"...
or, "Really, even though it seems like an unusual spider, it was really affordable, and I traded a couple of others for it", or the best, "This hobby is starting to pay for itself with the breeding projects and all"...
I am convinced some of you might have said similar things...

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Mmmmm, the denial phase! I've gotten past that, and it sounds like you are just about there... "I don't care WHAT you think... I LIKE them. Now drive me to the pawn shop!!" The "coming out of the T closet" phase?! {D

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The addiction never ceases...

I have on occasion pondered," OK, that's enough." Yeah, right. A week or two passes and I purchase more. But that's OK man. The more the merrier! :D

blckwidow75

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I THINK I may have it licked. I have 16 and there are some species I would rather have than a couple that I DO have, but have promised myself and my fiance that the only way I will get another one is if I have a death in the "family." I definitely agree that it is addicting, but next on my list is a puppy!

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i would have a lot more only i usualy have to go away for work and someone home has to take care of them for me. so that is why i only have room for 4 or 5 at a time. so it will be easyer to care for them over the phone. i am waiting for a long term job hear in newfoundland to open up for me, and if that happens "watch out" the #'s will grow a great deal.

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am the rarity that stopped at one. I thought I was beginning to approach addiction, thinking about a Chaco and a Versicolor (in addition to my Brazilian Black), but I lay down until the urge went away. Now if I could only stop heroin.