Tap the night away...

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anyone ever hear their T's tapping on the side of their tanks at night with their legs? I have some tanks that are next to one another. Are they communicating? Only if I am ultra quiet for a while have I heard it and never did catch any in the act. :?

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, T's will tap to communicate to eachother in the wild. It's basically a Im not here to eat you and Im here to mate with you kind of thing. I dont know if they do it for other reasons to eachother.

Also my Lividum does this to prey when it gets near her burrow. Sometimes it makes the crickets startled and they run into the burrow to hide. Othertimes they just hop off in the other direction.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
T morse code...

Interesting. I didn't know that. I'll try to catch any in the act and record which species it is and what species respond.I don't hear it very often but will attempt to sneak in there at night and try to glean more information.

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Check out the breeding reports, and recently there was a video of a pokey mating attempt with some furious tapping. I cant remeber who posted it, but do a serach on the boards, or message me on AIM and I can send it to you. :)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
the only Ts I've heard tapping in my T room were males. Even the subadults ones, every so often. Never heard the females, unless I actually put a pair together for the specific purpose of mating. I know it happens though!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Even the subadults ones, every so often. Never heard the females, unless

I have a imature male regalis that has ben tapping here. The wierd thing is, I dont think hes evan gonna mature on his next molt, he's still small. :? He's in the same room with several other adult Poecilotheria, maybe thats whats getting him all worked up???