Pre-delivery jitters...

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You all know how it goes. It's spider delivery day and your nose is pressed up against the front window, waiting for the Airborne guy. Where is he? I WANT my spiders! Palms sweating, cages ready.
You know that feeling, the butterflies and the excitement. I am waiting for my spiders from Kelly Swift and
I
CAN'T
WAIT!!! :} :D

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I can relate to that!!! I was like a kid on Christmas Eve when I ordered mine.
BTW What are you getting?
Let us know what the freebie is

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi greg, i've ordered mine from a dealer... but until now it haven't arrive to my add.. nad it have already been one week plus......
so what do u think? normally, it will arrive mostly around 4 days...........
as this was the 1st time the package haven't arrive... but the last 3 times were ok...... any ideas??? :? :(

aliasx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
versus said:
hi greg, i've ordered mine from a dealer... but until now it haven't arrive to my add.. nad it have already been one week plus......
so what do u think? normally, it will arrive mostly around 4 days...........
as this was the 1st time the package haven't arrive... but the last 3 times were ok...... any ideas??? :? :(
See if you can get a tracking number from the person who shipped them.

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
aliasx said:
See if you can get a tracking number from the person who shipped them.
too bad... :( :( it was shipped through the normal mail... so there is no tracking number i guess...... so, anyone here can shade some light??? :?

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i hated those kind of feelings were the T's never arrived when i expected.... :( feel dissapointed with that..... and if they does arrive, i'm scared they will already dead..... :( :(

BTW, normally how long would slings survive in a parcel?? if around 2-3weeks, would they make it..?? :confused:

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My guess is that it depends on the weather. My adult male A. geniculata survived five days in the box but the temperatures were in the low 70s. Slings require less oxygen so they're probably more likely to survive, assuming that they don't dehydrate. I have noticed that desert species like Brachypelma seem to survive temperature variations better than tropical species like pokies or avics.

Karen N.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Late deliveries...

I have ordered hundreds of T's and I insist on Next Day Air. I have had 2 Day Business via Express Mail only if it's 60-70F outside.
Someone mailed you slings i regular parcel post ground??? I would call this person and get a refund, never heard of shipping T by ground. That's rediculous. I don't know what else to say. Keep us posted!

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
New slings are here!!!

Finally...
They all are here and are beautiful! I am impressed with Kelly's packaging and his free crix. This is what arrived today:
1) 1" A. Seemani
2) 1.5" Acanthoscurria Insubilitis (sp)
3) 1" Psalmopoeus Cambridgei (chevron)
4) 1" Pokie Regalis (sold to pet store)
5) 1" Avicularia Purpurea
6) 1" Avicularia Bicegoi
;P :D :}
So tiny... I put them in glass jars until a few more molts.When they get a little bigger I will take pix of them. My camera doesn't focus on slings real well.

Andrew vV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Versus,

In the summer I think normal mail is the way to go if you are patient and trust the dealer. slings are usually fine for up to 10 days if they are healthy and well packaged. ;)

Cheers!

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i know the feeling of waiting for T's to arrive. i just payed for some the other day and am now waiting for then to get here ( got an email from the sender that usps wont recognize my adress on their labeling system...)
so i send my adress again...
now i'm waiting...and waiting.... :(
dianne

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Andrew vV said:
Hey Versus,

In the summer I think normal mail is the way to go if you are patient and trust the dealer. slings are usually fine for up to 10 days if they are healthy and well packaged. ;)

Cheers!
hi there.. thankss..
how bout 2-3 weeks....could they make it..??

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you want to add even more excitement, try what I do...
I add another $50 or so to my order for a suprise spider... My dealer knows what kind of T's I like, and picks a good one. I don't get freebies, but b/c of the amount I spend, I sometimes get little breaks here and there. Anyway, all I will know is that I have at least a $50 surprise sling on the way, and I drive myself crazy trying to figure out what it is. The last time I couldn't stand it, and he told me, but this time I have sworn him to secrecy so that I will be pleasently tormented for a week or so.

Andrew vV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
versus said:
hi there.. thankss..
how bout 2-3 weeks....could they make it..??
Thats pushing it ;P Im sure if they were healthy some *could* make it, but I'd think you would more than likely start experiencing losses after 12-14 days even with originally healthy individuals.

Cheers!

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
is there any possibilties taht they were stopped by the customs??
or they are lost..??

Andrew vV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As long as they werent being shipped across any borders, there should be no risk of customs being involved.
LOL, USPS loose mail :eek: thats always a possibility I guess. Im glad Canada Post has never "misplaced" any of my mail.....
Good luck