Tennessee tarantula collectors

pokiecollector

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey guys ! I'm Jeff from Nashville,TN and I'm looking for all the tarantula collector's in Tennessee to talk with, trade with, buy/sell, or whatever...

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm just outside Memphis. Gene is pretty much right up the road, and I'm supposed to be meeting another hobbyist in the area in a few days.

Gene

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What up yall!

Hey Rick!!! You were spot on sexing that A. avic I got from you. It's a girlie :D . I have a few pics on another post.

Hey Jeff. I am actually in the northern west part of Mississippi but about 4 hours from Nashville and bout a half hour from ole Lycanthrope there. Just visited Michael Jacobi and got a sweet G. pulchra among other things a few weeks ago. I really don't have enough to trade yet. I am only at 10 but I have a serious G. pulchra addiction. I go coo coo for pulchras.
So what Ts do you have?

Did I mention I like G. pulchras :}

Last edited:

tarantula_tom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm from Tennessee, I live in the Northeast. I only started collecting T's again at the first of this year but I have a Chilean Rose, A. Avicualria, and the newest addition Brachypelma smithi which i just bought yesterday. :D

pokiecollector

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a Poecilotheria striata, Poecilotheria regalis, Greenbottle Blue, and a Suntiger right now, I'm in the middle of building my collection back up, there's alot of t's I'm looking for including... Blue Fang Skeleton, Poecilotheria subfusca, Poecilotheria metallica (if the price is right), Poecilotheria smithi, Lasiodora klugii...

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
I live in the Memphis area and am currently building my collection. As of now I have an a. avic, a g rosea, a haplopema lividium,and a Brachypelma vagans . It's nice to know there are other hobbyists in my area.

Last edited by a moderator:

McGuiverstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I live in the Memphis area and am currently building my collection. As of now I have an a. avic, a g rosea, a haplopema lividium,and a Brachypelma vagans . Let me know if you have any t's your willing to sell for a reasonable price. It's nice to know there are other hobbyists in my area.
At least a little over nine years ago there were..

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
....wow I didn't even think to look at the date. Im feeling pretty stupid now.. thanks for putting it nicely. haha

So are you a hobbyist? T's? Scorpions? Centi/Milipedes?

CLICKBANGBANG

Arachnopeon
At least a little over nine years ago there were..
In his defence, this board doesn't lock out new posts to any sort of archive thread system. Almost any thread created can be dug up and posted in. This does help subjects to be revisited without the need of a new thread, but on time related issues it's a pain.

I was looking for a Northern Ca group. Still looking.

McGuiverstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha guys I wasn't trying to be rude. Just kidding around.

Ghidaji17, happens all the time. It's just funny seeing a thread resurrected after that long. I'm into tarantulas, millipedes, and mantids. Never really found scorpions or centipedes appealing, although I can see why some people do, and I'm sure I'd be hyped on them too if I had one.

CBB, fair enough, and I'd rather see a thread resurrected than a bunch of new posts about the same old crap reposted all the time. It's nice to see people still occasionally search for stuff.

Mysteryavic

Arachnosquire
Lol im in the North East tip of Tennessee and i have about 50 spiders and i like to sell and buy and trade let me kno if anyone wants to talk Ts :)

Matt

jecraque

Arachnobaron
Mysteryavic, I'm reasonably close to you, in the corner of WNC. Nowhere near Memphis though! I keep a lot of native araneomorphs and 30ish Ts.

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Hey mysteryavic: Sure i would like to talk T's anytime maybe able to take some off ur hands. I can give u an email if u want.
Jecraque: We all seem to be within quick shipping distance though.
Mcguiverstein: Yah Man, this threads seeming pretty lively now. Never had a mantid or a millipede. But like u said i can understand how people would be hyped about it.

U all seem like some pretty nice guys.Im somewhat new to keeping arachnids, Ive just got a few T's right now.

---------- Post added 12-07-2013 at 10:56 PM ----------

Ok so I have a bit of a problem. A few days I had a sling escape. The scary part is I don't know if it is my h. lividium or my red rump (they came unlabeled). I really hope it isn't my h. lividum that escaped (worried for the people Im living with, cobalt bites can pack a punch) Any of u guys know anything about identifying slings? I could really use the help. I hope nobody gets tagged! FINGERS CROSSED.

---------- Post added 12-07-2013 at 11:06 PM ----------

Hey clickbangbang, idk about Northern Cali but I would be happy to talk T's (or any other arachnid) anytime. The more people you know in this hobby the better in my opinion.

Mysteryavic

Arachnosquire
Oops

Well i kno what i have heard on here lol. "youll just half to wait till they grow to tell" However im prety good on telling things apart maybe a good pic can help. Also i kno the feeling, i think i have lost an OBT about 1". From what i have heard they wont last too long with out the humidity that they require. My guess is if we dont find them soon they wont last too long.

Hope this helps to put ur mind at ease.

Also im alwase willing to part with some things makes it easier to get more buhaha! Let me kno what any of u see on my list and we can go from there. All but the P ruffalata, GBB, and A. amazonica could be bought. Also all my LP have been rased sence first instar in my care so im prety sure i have 2 boys and 3 girls and 2 unknown. Let me kno if there is anything u might want. Also i didnt update sizes when i did my updated list so some things might be a bit bigger now.

Matt

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Tennessee is apparently awash with spider collectors. You guys definitely need to get together, maybe all meet in a central location.

Fins

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We have a group, Reptile Keepers of the Mid South on Facebook. A few are members here but I don't see them post often. It's mostly TN, MS, and AR. There are lots of T keepers as well as reptile and other arachnids.
We have a lot of enthusiasts in west TN and the tri-state area I just wish we had as much access to the shows and sellers that Nashville and Atlanta do. We're not even on the list for Repticon next year.

Mysteryavic

Arachnosquire
+1 we do need to get together! I have a few things to barter with just shoot me a PM if anyone is intersted.

I need to do some more research i guess i didnt kno we had so many ppl in this area! any breeder/sellers anyone kno of around here?

Thanks, Matt

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Hey, took a break from the boards for a few weeks been busy. How's it going? Still can't find my red rump. Lol I see that we got some more people on this thread! It's nice to know that there are a lot of enthusiasts in TN. Let me know if you want to talk about anything T related. Oh and fins, yah I was kindof bummed about the repticon too just do what im doing and drive down to Nashville.

Last edited:

Fins

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey, took a break from the boards for a few weeks been busy. How's it going? Still can't find my red rump. Lol I see that we got some more people on this thread! It's nice to know that there are a lot of enthusiasts in TN. Let me know if you want to talk about anything T related. Oh and fins, yah I was kindof bummed about the repticon too just do what im doing and drive down to Nashville.
I'll go if I can bum a ride. Occasionally somebody around here will make the trek. I drive a 27yr old truck...lol...not gonna drive to Nashville on my own. Just stinks we have to go to Atlanta, Nashville and Birmingham to go to shows. We don't even have a large scale breeder or shop to go to :(. Maybe someday.