Deli Cups for T's/Pinktoe

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey, where can i buy delicups for my T's?
I have another question about my pinktoe, i put in a lot of fake leaves they are pretty leaves, is this an ok envirement for my pinktoe, i am pretty sure it is hard for her/him to catch a cricket? i still think it is going to moult soon anyways, thanks,

James

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
hey, where can i buy delicups for my T's?
I have another question about my pinktoe, i put in a lot of fake leaves they are pretty leaves, is this an ok envirement for my pinktoe, i am pretty sure it is hard for her/him to catch a cricket? i still think it is going to moult soon anyways, thanks,

James
Try local restaurant supply shops. There's one in Utica where I buy mine, but I'll bet you can find one closer to Bloomfield Hills if you check.

Joy

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover

James
James,

I'm no expert on pinktoe slings, but I found that mine was much happier in an enclosure that allowed for climbing. I put mine in a 1 gallon rubbermaid container on its side and added some fake plants. He built a web near the top of one of the branches of the plant. Here are links to a couple of pictures:

Nijinsky's Home
Nijinsky's Nest

As for eating, you might try killing a small cricket and using a pair of forceps to present it to your pinktoe.

Bryan

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's a link for pre-punched deli containers at LLLReptile. I've had good luck dealing with them in the past, however, I have not purchased any deli containers from them.

http://www.lllreptile.com/packing.html

Botar

Edit: The are also an excellent source for Kritter Keepers in bulk. I've bought quite a few of KK from them.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think one of the best places to go is a deli in a large grocery store. They always give them to me for free. They usually just use them for putting food items in to sell so giving up a few wont hurt. Another place is at a large petstore where they sell bulk fish foods and other foods in little deli containers.