PDA

View Full Version : Tarantulas and Other Arachnids - Marshall, S

Admin
07-17-2002, 07:09 PM
Positive

This review is courtesy of R.G. Breene and the ATS at www.atshq.org

This is the best short version, inexpensive book for enthusiasts on tarantulas and other arachnids written by a professional arachnologist with a deep understanding of the needs of enthusiasts.

Immortal_Sin
07-17-2002, 07:09 PM
Positive

This is probably the best, or second best book on Tarantulas, with a nice section on other arachnids. This book is a MUST HAVE for anyone that has tarantulas, or is thinking about getting one.
Good information, and good pictures too....
I would highly recommend this book

Mendi
07-17-2002, 07:14 PM
Positive

This is another very good book that every tarantuila person needs to have in their collection. Lots of nice pictures too

njnolan1
08-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Mostly positive.

Although there's a lot of good information in this book, some of it has been improved, changed, corrected and/or discarded. While it's pretty good to have on the shelf I recommend getting a more up to date book for a first tarantula book.

There's a seemingly good section on breeding (I say seemingly because I have yet to breed... myself or tarantulas) and the section on common tarantulas is pretty interesting as well. Many nice pictures. Of course the book is over a decade old so there have been some name changes as well.

I do recommend this book but suggest a more up to date book first.