Someone stop me, buying frenzy....

Hogge2k

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can't stop... I just received 6 arachnoids (4 T's and 2 Scorps), and now my regular supplier announced that he got smithis in stock again so I just had to buy some :cool:
But I figured that 5 smithis in one shippment... wouldn't they be lonely? Said and done, I ordered another 23 slings :eek:
(note to self: buy more Delicups at the local Pizzaplace)

I once said that I wouldn't give my "pets" more apartment space than me, I might have to reconsider :?

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you are the man! u will soon become a tarantula maniac m8! ;P :D

MeteoRa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
no one can stop you now.... ;P
you are addicted.... :D

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
cool~ this kinda addiction, so unpredictable, u woldn't know what y would do just for ur t get what i mean? like stay up late at night waiting in a dark room for ur T to come out of its hide/burrow etc.. well at least i did that LOL!

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah i'd say ur addicted....nothing wrong with that :)

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Welcome to the addiction...

You have only just tasted a morsel, many more T's in your future I see.
I have a credit card that is just for purchasing T's, it's just easier... ;P :D

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
he'll get bankrupt by tarantulas....haha :D ;P ;P

Last edited:

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
do what i do, limit purchases to 40$ and only one T if it is more than that, hence it will take you longer to feed your addiction or you'll save up for the P. metallica!!!

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
your buying 23 slings???? why, are there any good deals around that we didnt know of? if so, dont hold out on us, LOL

Kismet

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just me then?

Does anyone else get that feeling when you've bought a new T that you're finally satisfied with your collection...

I was definately not going to get any more after three slings arrived a couple of weeks ago.

{D {D {D {D {D

Here's my latest addition - completely justified because she was a bargain, she was being sold just 'round the corner, because she's a mature adult (which I didn't yet have), because I love Psalmopoeus', because....ahem!

8leggedrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
MeteoRa said:
no one can stop you now.... ;P
you are addicted.... :D
your avatar is the bomb @$$ $h!+ meteora. :cool: is that model skinned to look like a certain species of T? if so i can't place it.

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
You gotta feed the addiction! I generally don't bother with small orders anymore. After all, the more you order the more the shipping expense is justified!

Um....I've got 26 new ones coming in the next few weeks!

Hogge2k

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joe1968 said:
your buying 23 slings???? why, are there any good deals around that we didnt know of? if so, dont hold out on us, LOL
No, a total of 28 :cool:

And yes, I'm addicted, been for some year now but what worries my that my purchases don't increases linear, I'm going logarithmic {D

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol I thought I was bad Going from owning one T to owning five within a month but i'm positively conservative compared to you :D
but i do have to persuade my arachnophobic wife everytime i get a new one {D

Last edited:

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Kismet said:
Does anyone else get that feeling when you've bought a new T that you're finally satisfied with your collection...

I was definately not going to get any more after three slings arrived a couple of weeks ago.

{D {D
I've had that feeling w/every purchase for every collection I've ever had! :eek:

Hogge2K, the only way to stop you is for you to hand over all your finances immediately! ;)

Hogge2k

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
starzzzcollide said:
Hogge2K, the only way to stop you is for you to hand over all your finances immediately! ;)
Mm, but I believe we in Europe are fortunate to have the prices a tad lower than you "over there", might be wrong but that’s my impression. My real worries are crickets, and I refuse to raise my own (*we hates them, prreciousss*, a good cricket is a dead cricket, preferably impaled by a big T fang ;P ), but If I give up my car that shouldn’t be a problem, LOL.

Well, here's the forecast for the near future, if I keep going like this I will pass 100 T's in the next 10 month {D
(dotted black is the trend line, blue actual amount of T's)

Attachments

Hogge2k

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And if anyone is interested the order looks like this:

5st B.smithi
2st Avicularia Purpurea
5st Avicularia Versicolor
5st Lasidora Parahybana
3st Poechilotgeria fasciata
1st tapinauchenius gigas
2st Lasiodora striatipes
5st Trixopelma pruriens

I paid 96€ (without shipping) for this, something like 85-90$ I think...
(it's somewhat of a special deal, it should be about 20€ more if paying ordinary price)

MeteoRa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you actually made a chart for T purchasing....cool....