The B. smithi Deal

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay, here is the adult female B. smithi and cage that I picked up yesterday for $30.

Botar

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, that was a close-up of just her. Here she is in the cage that went along with the deal.

Botar

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like a damn good score to me for 30 bucks!!

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Botar,

Did the cage come as is with the T inside? hopefully you're re-doing it?

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
WOW!

That's an awesome deal. Look at that thing! Spacious. Deluxe wood-grained trim. Real Glass.
What is that a 15 gallon? Wow, Botar.
Oh, the Brachypelma smithi is nice too.
Kidding aside, great score no doubt!

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Re: WOW!

Originally posted by LaRiz
That's an awesome deal. Look at that thing! Spacious. Deluxe wood-grained trim. Real Glass.
What is that a 15 gallon? Wow, Botar.
Oh, the Brachypelma smithi is nice too.
Kidding aside, great score no doubt!
If it's an ounce over 5.5 gallons, I'll eat the hat I'm wearing in my avatar... ;)

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
Okay, here is the adult female B. smithi and cage that I picked up yesterday for $30.

Botar
Awsome pic, your smithi is around say 5-7 times the size of my lil sling!! Cant wait for the beautiful coloration like yours, awsoem buy! $30, WOW!!! Good Luck!

James

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
tank

does it say anywhere who makes or made that tank i.e. what company... btw I am sure your hat would taste like shit.

heh?
looseyfur
;P

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is that tank new or used? It looks kinda vintage to me and that is absolutely great if it is. Wood paneling is the trend that should be brought back on all home decor. If it is a used tank, where did you get it?

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know how catchy I think wood panelling is...anyway, is that one of those famous floor-heat..grills...on the floor behind the tank?

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
30.00!? heckuva steal! did someone get tired of it? what are those things on the top of the enclosure, some kind of lock or something?
Ed

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
AH BOTAR!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont you fell like its 1985 again, and you went to that petstore and saw a "common red knee"

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Hey, what do you and other think about solid glass tops for species like Brachypelma? I have mine with and (almost) solid glass top as well, and it's molted and lived a few months quite happily from what I can see.

Bill

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Get out your handcuffs, you need to arrest yourself for stealing.;)
What a steal, Botar

Ernie

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow... a guy tries to get a little sleep before a midnight shift and gets WAY behind.

MrI- Yes the cage came as is and I'll be redoing it.

LaRiz- It is a 2.5 gallon and the wood is actually real wood... something I've not seen in a long time. The glass is 1/4"... may be a custom made job, but I don't know for sure.

Looseyfur- I'm not home right now, so I can't say on the company name, but I didn't see anything on it earlier. If I find a company name, I'll post it.

JB- The tank came with the T. The owner got the whole set-up from some guy who brought it in and sold it to them for $20. They just wanted to make a quick buck and was asking $30... I couldn't walk away from it.

Vys- That is a heat duct for central air/heat. That is in my "spider room" and I've got an oil filled radiant heater in the room to keep the heat up. I'm one of those "environmentalist wacko's" who keep their thermostat set under 70 F. (According to Code Monkey in a previous thread... no offense CM)

Avatuss- Yes, those are locking mechanisms on the top. There is a vent on the back panel as well. High quality cage.

Conipto- I don't see any problem with it. With it being a desert species and kept dry, I don't think the air exchange would be as important. Also, on this particular cage, there is a vent in the rear glass panel.

Thanks everyone for the replies... I'm quite elated with my purchase... anyone got a boyfriend for her?

Botar

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That cage looks like either a "Stay-In Reptile" cage (made by Hagen) or else a "Lizard Lounge" (I think by Oceanic). These were available in the trade about ten years go...nice cages, great score all around!

Wade