Help for my friend

heering80

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What T would you guys recommend for my friend who's just beginning the hobby? It should be big and colorful with a huge appetite. Also easily maintained. I thought A. geniculata or GBB. What do you guys think?

Elson

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think GBB would be the best choice . they're not considered terribly aggressive, but they tend to be nervous and skittish . But i would recommend your friend to get a A.avic or A.versicolor . they're beautiful and considered non-aggressive !!

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
a.genic might be a perfect choice IMO as they rarely refuses food... and they make fascinating display T... i'll say go for it.. ;)

P/S: they rarely kick hairs unless they were terribly disturbed... :D

heering80

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Elson said:
But i would recommend your friend to get a A.avic or A.versicolor . they're beautiful and considered non-aggressive !!

I agree that they look nice, but mine A. versicolor hasn't shown itself after it arrived two months ago. It only hoovers around it's nest. That's it. So I think I'll go for GBB..

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Versi's are a very nice choice. What about a G. aureostriata? Mine eats and eats and never refuses food.

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scylla said:
Versi's are a very nice choice. What about a G. aureostriata? Mine eats and eats and never refuses food.
g.aureostriata would also be a nice choice as,...
1st of all, they are big and impressive...
2nd, they rarely burrows...
3rd, huge appetite...
4rd, they are docile

it actually depends on the person's choice... {D

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
what about a chaco? or a a.seemanni? of course i'd go for the rosie...but that one will lead to more t's :p
i just ordered some rosies that are above 1 1/2" (they should get here today), because a co-worker of my husbands fell in love with my rosie (she liked the color). so hubby wanted me to get her a rosie, a little one that can grow (but bigger than 1/2"slings).
needless to say i had to get a few other t's to make the shipping worth while...and get me a lil rosie, too.
dianne
what about a pink zebra beauty? b.smithi?b.vagan? b.albopilosum (got 2 slings and a 3", and getting 2 more next week from immortal_sin)
curlies can eat! mine pounces on food, goes in circles, and webbs and eats and does a little dance...while eating! too cute :p

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would say G.aureostriata would be a great choice but I am biased because this spieces is my fav. :D