PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

danread
12-06-2002, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone,

I've recently got into the hobby and I've already got a small L.parahybana and an adult B.smithi and am now looking for a good challange for my third T. I think i want another terrestrial, but am not bothered about colours or appearance, really looking for a T with an interesting behaviour. Any ideas??:?

Tarantula Lover
12-06-2002, 05:10 PM
i would say either a tiggerump or an avicularia!

James

Tangled WWWeb
12-06-2002, 05:11 PM
P. murinus often constuct a fair amount of webbing and their defensive attitude could definitely be considered challenging.

Theraphosa
12-06-2002, 05:11 PM
how about an Usambar Baboon (Pterinochilus sp.)? I called her web head cuz she likes to spin web and carry dirt a lot...
edit: I must post it too slow...but oh well..

Botar
12-06-2002, 05:19 PM
A. geniculata - impressive size, nice markings/colors, not bashful, and an aggressive eater. Relatively easy to find and inexpensive as well. (from online dealers)

Botar

Weapon-X
12-06-2002, 05:19 PM
i'd get a giany whiteknee look awesome , terrestial, get big , and are eating machines, also have a cool attitude too---Jeff

Lasiodora
12-06-2002, 05:45 PM
Are you thinking docile or aggressive?
Well here are my picks: Pamphobeteus sp., C.fimbriatus (webs extensively), or M.robustum

To give you more ideas, here's what I plan on getting next year:
Arboreal:
Poecilotheria miranda (if available)
Avicularia geroldi
A.minax
A.bicegoi
A.jurensis
A.purpurea
A.metallica
Psalmopoeus irminia

Terrestrial:
Cyriopagopus thorelli
Any Haplopelma sp.
Ephebopus murinus
Any Pamphobeteus
Therophosa apophysis
Megaphobema mesolomesas
M.robustum
Hystercrates ederi
H.gigas
Chilbrachys fimbriatus

Good luck on choosing,
Mike

danread
12-06-2002, 06:09 PM
Cheers everyone, you've given me plenty to think about.:) I'll tell you when i decide.

JacenBeers
12-06-2002, 07:35 PM
I will promote H maculata as much as I can. A beautiful and very unique arboreal. They are big eaters and fast and slightly aggressive. They are a great spider.

skinheaddave
12-07-2002, 07:53 AM
Terrestrial and interesting behaviour in my books means Pterinochilus. They make amazing web structures and are highly defensive. Very cools spiders.

Cheers,
Dave