Any ideas?

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi everyone,

I've recently got into the hobby and I've already got a small L.parahybana and an adult B.smithi and am now looking for a good challange for my third T. I think i want another terrestrial, but am not bothered about colours or appearance, really looking for a T with an interesting behaviour. Any ideas??:?

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
P. murinus often constuct a fair amount of webbing and their defensive attitude could definitely be considered challenging.

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
how about an Usambar Baboon (Pterinochilus sp.)? I called her web head cuz she likes to spin web and carry dirt a lot...
edit: I must post it too slow...but oh well..

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A. geniculata - impressive size, nice markings/colors, not bashful, and an aggressive eater. Relatively easy to find and inexpensive as well. (from online dealers)

Botar

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

i'd get a giany whiteknee look awesome , terrestial, get big , and are eating machines, also have a cool attitude too---Jeff

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Are you thinking docile or aggressive?
Well here are my picks: Pamphobeteus sp., C.fimbriatus (webs extensively), or M.robustum

To give you more ideas, here's what I plan on getting next year:
Arboreal:
Poecilotheria miranda (if available)
Avicularia geroldi
A.minax
A.bicegoi
A.jurensis
A.purpurea
A.metallica
Psalmopoeus irminia

Terrestrial:
Cyriopagopus thorelli
Any Haplopelma sp.
Ephebopus murinus
Any Pamphobeteus
Therophosa apophysis
Megaphobema mesolomesas
M.robustum
Hystercrates ederi
H.gigas
Chilbrachys fimbriatus

Good luck on choosing,
Mike

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cheers everyone, you've given me plenty to think about.:) I'll tell you when i decide.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I will promote H maculata as much as I can. A beautiful and very unique arboreal. They are big eaters and fast and slightly aggressive. They are a great spider.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Terrestrial and interesting behaviour in my books means Pterinochilus. They make amazing web structures and are highly defensive. Very cools spiders.

Cheers,
Dave