Pretty T. blondi

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I was adding some water to my T. blondi's terrarium, when he started attacking the drops :) Such a cute spider!

-Bryan

edit: since I know people will ask: He's about 9" now.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Cute ! AAKK ! I had a horrible dream, I squashed Rose in transport !! :( Has anyone ever had a tarantula harming or killing dream ? Oh, they are awful ! :( My girls are all fine, btw. In fact, I just got a sign made that says "beware of tarantulas" and there is a sillouette of a tarantula. SOOO COOOL. Will take photo one of these days. :D

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a dream where i was forced to eat all of my spiders.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spider_savior
Cute ! AAKK ! I had a horrible dream, I squashed Rose in transport !! :( Has anyone ever had a tarantula harming or killing dream ?
I had a dream where I cut my cat's cali's throat and after I did I was trying to find a way to undo it. A very stupid dream.:confused:

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spider_savior
Cute ! AAKK ! I had a horrible dream, I squashed Rose in transport !! :( Has anyone ever had a tarantula harming or killing dream ? Oh, they are awful ! :( My girls are all fine, btw. In fact, I just got a sign made that says "beware of tarantulas" and there is a sillouette of a tarantula. SOOO COOOL. Will take photo one of these days. :D

All the time :( I just had one about my Usambara getting squashed.

btw...beautiful spider! ;)

Dasgre0g

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by TheEternal
I was adding some water to my T. blondi's terrarium, when he started attacking the drops :) Such a cute spider!

-Bryan

edit: since I know people will ask: He's about 9" now.

9 inches and has not had his ultimate molt yet eh ? Bust out the ruler, because currently you are setting a world record. ;)

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Re: Re: Pretty T. blondi

Originally posted by Dasgre0g
9 inches and has not had his ultimate molt yet eh ? Bust out the ruler, because currently you are setting a world record. ;)
I was thinking the same thing ;) I'm also starting to thing I may have sexed him wrong. It's hard to see on this one, since he doesn't climb glass, and I'm not about to try and pick him up.

If there's another molt without mature male traits, I'm going to assume he's a she ;)

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by King_Looey
I wish my T. Blondi were that big.
He was only one inch when I got him, and took about a year to grow this big. There's hope for yours :) Just be patient with them.

-Bryan
ps~ another close picture of Gion.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I believe they do not have tibial spurs. Are you sexing it via the molted exuvium? I've got a male I sexed that way. He's about 7" and is not yet mature.

Botar

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I don't feel confidant with any sexing method except checking around the ventral opening. I've got that technique pretty down pat :)

-Bryan

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheEternal
FWIW, just by looking at it I think it's male. There a lot of pink/purple -- so he's definitely getting ready to show those male colors. And the shape and heft just look pre-male to me. 9" for a penultimate male sounds OK - male are gigantic. I had a P. apophysis male back in the early 90's and it was **HUGE** -- probably 12".

Make sure you feed him! Attacking water drops = hunger. ;)

bill

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer

Originally posted by invertepet

bill
Oh, I know ;) He gets a mouse again today. He loves those!

-Bryan

Dasgre0g

Arachnopeon

Originally posted by invertepet
FWIW, just by looking at it I think it's male. There a lot of pink/purple -- so he's definitely getting ready to show those male colors. And the shape and heft just look pre-male to me. 9" for a penultimate male sounds OK - male are gigantic. I had a P. apophysis male back in the early 90's and it was **HUGE** -- probably 12".

bill
I would guess male as well especially if he's just over a year old. I have a 9 inch female and she is well over 10 years old.

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
A year to grow that big? Thats unbelievable. In fact, i can just see it happening. My T. Blondi near doubled in size last time he molted.