L. Polycuspulatus on what ground (moist or dry ?)

Nico

Arachnopeon
Okay I'm sorry if I enoy people asking a lot about this species, peoblem is just information regarding L. poly's is rare.

Since i finaly do some mentainence work on the tank i think I will change the ground she is on as well.

I'm using these bricks atm (you put them into water and after 2 hours you got a bucket full of earthy stuff )
Problem here is that this crap never seems to get dry in any way, it's not realy wet but more moist to very moist all the time.

So I'm thinking of changingto some Flower Earth, since I have seen that that doesn't stay that long wet/moist.

So my Question to all people with L. Poly's : You keep them ona moist ground or dry and have one corner moist ?

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just did a google on this and found some info....you can use dry substrate and a water dish and a hide...as for the "bricks" I just bought some for the first time yesterday, lay it all out flat on something and then it will dry out...or mix in some peat with it, I always use straight peat or sometimes I will mix in some soil for my substrate...good luck...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Nico

Arachnopeon
Mike H. said:
I just did a google on this and found some info....you can use dry substrate and a water dish and a hide...as for the "bricks" I just bought some for the first time yesterday, lay it all out flat on something and then it will dry out...or mix in some peat with it, I always use straight peat or sometimes I will mix in some soil for my substrate...good luck...

I swear I had these bricks (when finished) layed out as well for 4 full days.... still wet as crap :(

I found some Info as well but you have to admit Inof on L. Polycus. is pretty rare.
Don't get me wrong looks like this is a spider not many people want or have ;) so I'm happy with that

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have been reading some more and they seem like a very calm and very easy to care for spider...just keep it dry with a hide and a water dish and all will be fine...

with the bricks that I have I really had to squeeze the water out of it...I wont be using it till it dries out....but so far I really like the way it looks :clap:

Nico

Arachnopeon
Mike H. said:
I have been reading some more and they seem like a very calm and very easy to care for spider...just keep it dry with a hide and a water dish and all will be fine...

with the bricks that I have I really had to squeeze the water out of it...I wont be using it till it dries out....but so far I really like the way it looks :clap:
Allright ... didn't sqeeze the water out ...maybe shoudl try that

Xanzo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the best way to dry this substrate is to put it in a tray in the oven, it will dry out in a few hours.

Nico

Arachnopeon
Xanzo said:
the best way to dry this substrate is to put it in a tray in the oven, it will dry out in a few hours.
Awesome Idea thanks man