PDA

View Full Version : Pterinochilus murinus Aka Obt

mimic58
12-19-2004, 09:33 AM
Hi all, I recently aquired a 3.5" obt and it seems to be nothing like expected...
She is fast and been active each night but has not shown even the slightest aggression towards me :? not so much as a raised leg :(

I was expecting a Really nasty orange thing that jumps around in full threat display striking at the air and hissing...

Could this be Pre molt symtoms , interbreeding or is it just a coward??

many thanks Dan

Mike H.
12-19-2004, 09:42 AM
Probably none of the above...the 3 that I have will run and hide when disturbed...and I guess some are nasty and some are not...enjoy the new spider...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

P.S. welcome to the boards....

Mark
12-19-2004, 09:43 AM
sorry
What means is Aka?
Thanks

Mike H.
12-19-2004, 09:46 AM
sorry
What means is Aka?
Thanks

Also Known As...= AKA

Haplopelmatic
12-19-2004, 09:58 AM
My Pt. Murinus is rather docile as well. She's a little skittish, but she couldn't hurt a fly. :D Different spiders have different personalities, i guess.

Randy
12-19-2004, 01:25 PM
p. murinus are sometimes quite unpredictable. its as tho they have moods! when you touch them, sometimes they just dont care, if not they're run as fast as they can and within a split second it has escaped or has went back to hide, or when its not in a good mood, it starts attacking at nothing.. they're quite a defensive T so dun disturb its retreat LOL

mimic58
12-19-2004, 02:13 PM
it is very Quick when it runs like an orange blur! , but it seems to spend most of its time climbing arround weding up the enclosure it pritty much ignores me totaly