Pterinochilus murinus Aka Obt

mimic58

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi all, I recently aquired a 3.5" obt and it seems to be nothing like expected...
She is fast and been active each night but has not shown even the slightest aggression towards me :? not so much as a raised leg :(

I was expecting a Really nasty orange thing that jumps around in full threat display striking at the air and hissing...

Could this be Pre molt symtoms , interbreeding or is it just a coward??

many thanks Dan

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Probably none of the above...the 3 that I have will run and hide when disturbed...and I guess some are nasty and some are not...enjoy the new spider...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

P.S. welcome to the boards....

Haplopelmatic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Pt. Murinus is rather docile as well. She's a little skittish, but she couldn't hurt a fly. :D Different spiders have different personalities, i guess.

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
p. murinus are sometimes quite unpredictable. its as tho they have moods! when you touch them, sometimes they just dont care, if not they're run as fast as they can and within a split second it has escaped or has went back to hide, or when its not in a good mood, it starts attacking at nothing.. they're quite a defensive T so dun disturb its retreat LOL

mimic58

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it is very Quick when it runs like an orange blur! , but it seems to spend most of its time climbing arround weding up the enclosure it pritty much ignores me totaly