Hheeelllppppp

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Okay, My "female" has arrived and she is TWICE as small as my "MALE". Is this correct???? Cant be!!! Is it possible I had a female all this time and ordered another one??? NOOOOO Can two females live together????? I am pissed and confused!

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
femal A. Bicolor?
I wouldn't put 2 females together if i where u. 2 woman just don't mix:)
twice as small is a big difference. is it full grown allready. maybe it is an entirely different species.

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It was suppost to be thier "largest female". If this is the largest adult female, them mine must be on steroids! Im still going to see how they react towards each other and then make a nice thick divider.

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
nice photos. its indeed a big difference. check out the first tail segment. if one of them has 3 lines of rubbles (or whatever you call them) running through and the other once 2 (middle is missing) than you have 2 different species.

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
thier tails both look the same. I put in a divider made out of a cereal box HAHA and the new one is going crazy running around. I guess im gonna have to keep them separate. This really sucks. I expected a huge female and got a squirt. This ones pedipals and very long and slender compared to the large one. But its just so small. I somehow have this feeling one of them is going to get under the divider by digging.........

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Can you take a shot of the chela of the new one?

Cheers,
Dave

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
there is variation in sizes among adults,
maybe a HUGE male and a TICHY female you have!?

from that pic, it looks like the female is the male, and the male the female? :(

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
or maybe an AA is a totally yellow(ish) AB!

youll find A.crassicauda and A.mauretanicus are also "black "versions" of AA" in terms of general looks

theyr wicked! everytime a pic is posted i want one even more

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
The chela do appear to be razor-thin = female. Perhaps still a subadult? Females don't exhibit a huge change at maturity, so it could be hard to tell.

Cheers,
Dave

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
So you think its possible that I have an adult male and sub-adult female? Is there the slightest possibility they can live together without killing each other? I have em separated but would really like to keep em together. The little one is more aggressive right now.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hard to tell in this picture but mine is much smaller as well.

Last edited:

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Btw, how are you sure that your first specimen is a male ?

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
im pretty sure, ive been trying to sex him since I got him and so far everything points to male. (short pectines, many teeth, slender short pedipalps) Almost everyone agreed its a male.

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
RaZeDaHeLL666 said:
So you think its possible that I have an adult male and sub-adult female? Is there the slightest possibility they can live together without killing each other? I have em separated but would really like to keep em together. The little one is more aggressive right now.
This isn't a social species so you'd be taking a risk, but being a male female pair they could feasibly live together, although when she moulted there would be a very high chance she would be eaten as even the most notoriously social species seem to enjoy nothing more then a nice freshly moulted sibling.

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
RaZeDaHeLL666 said:
im pretty sure, ive been trying to sex him since I got him and so far everything points to male. (short pectines, many teeth, slender short pedipalps) Almost everyone agreed its a male.
I just ask you that because your specimen seems to be very fat, and all the males bicolor I had (4 so far) were very slim since the last molt and ate almost nothing (they have also quite long pectines)...
Females 20-27 denticles, males 26-32 denticles.
Greetings,
Eric
(PS. Regarding the sociability, I had couples of Androctonus, but also some females together without problem, on the other hand young (except of course 2nd-3rd instars) are very aggressives and can't be kept together).

Last edited:

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
The chela of the "male" on the other thread with pictures seemed rather bulbous = male. You are right that it does seem a bit chubby. BTW, Razzle, males have the longer pectines, not shorter.

Cheers,
Dave

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well they havent gotten through the divider yet. Both seem calm. New female is very thin. Have they even been feeding her?? Poor thing looks like she hasent eaten in months.